Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Remedies for Nail Pain After Removing Acrylic Nails

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
sore nails

Your own fingernails can hurt after taking off fake nails. This guide is about remedies for nail pain after removing acrylic nails.

Here are questions related to Remedies for Nail Pain After Removing Acrylic Nails.

Question: Relieving Pain from Removing Acrylic Nails

My fingernail beds are very tender and sore from removing acrylic nails. What can I do to make the my fingers feel better?

Question: Removing Acrylic Nails

I took off my acrylic nail by biting it off, now my finger is throbbing with a huge pain! What can I do to make the pain go away? Please help.

By Yazmyne

Best Answer

By weinerdog41 [32]03/02/2014

Take a pain med and don't do that again! If it's swollen wrap it in ice. Watch it to make sure it doesn't get infected.

Question: Nails Hurt After Removing Acrylic Nails

I just had my acrylic nails taken off and my nails are so sore. Its seems like when they filed my nails they took too much off. I can't do anything because they are so painful and sore. Can anyone recommend anything for me to use? Thank you.

By Chantelle from Nottingham

Best Answers

By stassy05/18/2010

I just had the same thing happen and it was so painful. I put about ten layers of clear nail polish on. It creates a barrier. I also tried some nail strengthener and it wasn't as good. Don't put colored polish on. That weakens the nails and makes them catch on things and rip. I also keep a nail file with me so if anything starts to rip I file it right away before it gets worse. I can't believe how well the clear polish works. I sit in front of the TV and put more on every few minutes. Sometimes I put on some sparkles too just to pretty them up. Hope it helps!

Best Answers

By Shelly Elsner [2]03/07/2010

Had the same problem. Sounds funny, but go to a place where they sell horse supplies. Buy the product used to groom horses' hooves. In the U.S. it's called "Hoof Maker". Rub a small amount on your nails several times a day. It conditions your nails, makes them stronger, and will actually soften your cuticles as a bonus! I noticed a change within a week and the pain subsided. Good luck!

Best Answers

By Lilac [18]03/07/2010

Actually, nails don't breathe. Your nails have been sanded down so thin that the nerves under them are sensitive. If you apply several coats of "Hard as Nails" polish it will reduce the sensitivity until the whole nail grows back again.

Solutions: Remedies for Nail Pain After Removing Acrylic Nails

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!