Honey Bun Cake

This yummy and easy cake is addictive and tastes just like a honey bun! It's a great dessert, but also delicious for brunch when served with coffee, sliced fruit and sausage.

• 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup sugar

• 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together cake mix, eggs, buttermilk, and oil. Pour half of batter into a greased 9x13 pan. Mix cinnamon and sugar together. Sprinkle half over batter, pour remaining batter over the top, and then sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. Use a fork to swirl the batter over the entire cake, going to the bottom of the pan. Bake 30-40 minutes and drizzle glaze over hot cake.

Source: I received this wonderful recipe from my coworker, Tonya.

By Melody from El Dorado, AR

My Mom used to make this and it is absolutely delicious!! You can also add pecans or walnuts if you wish -- it's delicious either way!

Ooooh, what a cake! I went ahead and added pecans to the recipe, as suggested. It's wonderful. My daughter and I had some as soon as it came out of the oven, and delivered pieces to my mom and grandmother who live nearby. Glowing report from Grandmother; she was standing on the front porch eating hers in bliss as we drove away.Haven't heard from Mom yet but she'll probably scold me for ruining her diet!

jar of honey
Honey Cake Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesJuly 29, 2008
Striped Sock
Using A Sock as a Volumizing Hair Bun
Overnight Bun
Overnight Bun Recipes
Photo of a hamburger with a homemade bun.
Homemade Hamburger Bun Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes