Inexpensively Recovering a Recliner

I have a high-back recliner with the leg rest that extends outwards. It is a clean-side model (not Batwings). I'd love to update it with a cheap home-made covering. Has anyone used sheets to cover the arms, back, seat, and leg rest? I have a staple gun. Any inspiration would be appreciated. Thank you.

By Good Neighbour

I'm sure you can find a pattern on the internet to cover your recliner! Or might check in a Jo Ann's store where they have fabrics, patterns for everything, etc. Good Luck!

I think I would use something with more heft than a sheet. Why not try using a canvas drop cloth? You can buy them for 10 to 20 dollars. The main thing to watch for with them is that sometimes they have a seam running up the center of them. I found that out when I made drapes. You also have to buy enough at one time to do your project as dye lots may differ.

Leather Recliner
Reupholstering a Recliner
Home and Garden Repair Furniture ChairsAugust 4, 2011
Throw Pillows
Recovering Throw Pillows
Couple Shopping for Quality Recliner
Finding a Quality Recliner
Renovating Your Kitchen on Budget, Red tool box full of tools.
Renovating Your Kitchen on Budget
Outdoor wicker style chairs with fabric covered seat cushions.
Recovering Outdoor Furniture Cushions