Machine Washable Throw Pillows

The dog vomited on a throw pillow. I washed it and the darn thing spilled some stuffing out into the washer and generally became very lumpy. It's time to replace them anyway. What do you suggest for throw pillows that are machine washable? I would like them to be dog proof and will get a lot of human use. I don't sew very well, and would rather purchase already made . I will sew if I have to. I also need suggestions as to interior and exterior fiber and stuffing content.

Holly from Richardson, TX

When you wash the throw pillows, put them inside a lingerie bag. I have a dog that keeps taking the baby's (stuffed) toys, so I wash them in a lingerie bag - and they come out like new! Hope this helps.

Why not use bed pillows and make your own cover for them. You can match your sofa with a variety of fabrics, colors and edging. Choose machine washable pillows; not feather filling. Covers can be removed for laundering and zip back into place. If you are a couch potato, such a pillow is quite comfortable too. You won't feel so bad if something is spilled on it as it's easy cleaning and the dryer fluffs the pillow back into shape.

You could use your older pillows from off your bed and turn them into sofa pillows and buy new ones for your bed; this is a good time to take advantage and upgrade the quality of new bed pillows too.

i always buy throw pillows at the thrift stores and then make covers or i find zippered ones there sometimes to put over the pillow i bought cheap and washable!!!!

Make your own pillow covers, lined with that waterproof dust-mite proof fabric. That way you can just slip the pillow cover off and wash that. The actual pillow should stay clean all the time.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating AdviceJanuary 7, 2008
Throw Pillows
Recovering Throw Pillows
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Throw Pillows
Making Throw Pillows
Up close photo of a colorful koi quilt.
Cleaning a Quilt
🎉
🎄