Wax on a Rug

How do you get wax off a rug?

Dollie from Tucson, AZ

Read this link: http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf46684189.tip.html You can also use a brown paper grocery bag but make sure you aren't using any of the portions that have the printed ink on it.

I just had this happen on my brand new carpet. I was so worried my Hubby would freak. I got it all out a paper towel or newspaper and an iron. I just laid the paper towel down and ironed over it--moving ever so often to get another spot that would soak up some more wax. This worked perfect for clothes and for the couch one time too. Some say to worry about the print on the paper, never seemed to bother anything. Good luck. Lori

Follow up post:

I wanted to let you know that ink from paper bags and news print can stain a carpet :-( Of course it depends on the carpet fabric and color of carpet. I learned the hard way :-( The red ink on the grocery bag stained my cream color carpet and I had to pay someone to do a cut-out repair with a piece of remnant carpeting left over from the original installation. Thankfully I still had some remnant! Lori, got lucky being able to use paper with print with no problem.

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetMarch 6, 2009
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
ornamental rug
Removing Rug Dye from Carpet