Stress Causing Dog to Throw Up Bile

My dog lately has been going off and getting into other peoples garbage. When she returns she vomits up some food she has ingested. To curb this problem we no longer allow her outside unless we are with her. She is 9 years old and until recently she would never leave our yard. The problem now is that she is intermittently vomiting up bile. It does not happen everyday.

I believe her behavior is because our youngest daughter is a freshman in college and away from home for the first time in the dog's life. The dog is very active and playful and nothing else is different. Should we be concerned, what can we do?

Shay from Ewing NJ

I wouldn't take any chances. You should take her to the vet.

I agree you should check with your vet. Out Basset Hound was vomiting bright yellow bile, usually happened overnight. She was diagnosed as having a form of acid reflux, and the problem was solved by dividing her feeding into 3 times a day, one of them right before bedtime. It was a simple fix and worked like a charm.

I agree you should check with your vet. Our Basset Hound was vomiting bright, yellow bile, usually overnight. Tokk her in to the vet, and he diagnosed it as a form of acid reflux. We fixed the problem by dividing up her feedings 3 times a day, with the final one right before bed. Worked like a charm!

If you can have this vet-checked it would be best. Bile is not a sign of a happy digestive system. Your daughter would not want to hear bad news about the dog, would she?

I took her to the vet. She has an infection of the bile duct, the vet give her IV antibiotics, steriod shot for inflammation and oral antibiotics. She goes back for follow up in 2 weeks. Thank you to everyone who responded.

I can not believe that a responsible owner would allow their dog to roam the district searching for food in garbage bins. And to suggest the reason she throws up bile is because she misses your student daughter is ridiculous. Take your animal to the only person who can help the dog your Veterinarian.

Pets Dogs HealthNovember 25, 2008
Golden retriever puppy not feeling well.
Caring for a Dog After it Vomits
Stressed Dog
Dog Has Stress Incontinence
A child's feet sitting on a toilet during potty training.
Potty Training Your Child
Making a No-Sew Dog Throw
Making a No-Sew Dog Throw
🎉
🎄