Caring for a Dog After it Vomits?

My Golden Retriever puppy is 2 months, 15 days old and is vomiting white foam?

Answers

Best Answer

Sometimes we can try to diagnose happenings like this at home but other times it is imperative that we seek professional help.
This seems like one of those times you need to consult a vet as your puppy is at just the right age for serious problems to happen and these things can get very serious quickly.

This could be a sign of other than Parvo but why take a chance?

Read some comments from vets about a puppy vomiting white foam: Kennel cough?

"Kennel Cough: Vomiting white foam can be a symptom of kennel cough, especially when experienced alongside eye discharge, a runny nose, and a hacking cough. Parvovirus and even rabies can also sometimes result in foamy vomit.
"Kennel cough is usually easy to diagnose as it's primary symptom is a pronounced hacking or honking cough that can produce white foam. Other symptoms include a runny nose, sneezing, lethargy and a loss of appetite."

Vet visits, especially on the weekend, can be very expensive but the most important thing right now seems to be what is causing this problem and what needs to be done..

gallant.com/.../

www.caninejournal.com/.../

Best Answer

If you have an outside garden and the dog goes out to play all the time he could have eaten some of your plant leaves or even the grass in the garden. It can be normal for them to vomit a little white foam if they have eaten some grass. This is just cleaning out his stomach. But if he continues on like this it is not normal and the dog needs to go see the vet. I would call the vet and tell them what the dog is doing and see if they want you to bring him in. This could be nothing at all or it could be dangerous and only your vet can really give you an answer for this one.

Answer this Question

8 More Questions

if your dog won't eat and is sick at his stomach what should I do/ When he threw up it had a tiny amount of foam. He also cannot poop.

Answers

Best Answer

It sounds to me like he has a blockage, like he ate something and it won't come out the other end. The "foam" is probably a breakdown of whatever it is he ate. There is really nothing you can do except get him to a vet to see what is in his stomach, and the sooner, the better. A blockage can kill a dog. It's the vomiting that gives it away.

Best Answer

What it more than likely was is the dog had eaten some grass or some sort of plant leaves. My dogs do this all the time and they are always throwing up the leaves. At first this really bothered me, but now I know they love to go in the yard and eat the plant leaves. I don't grow any dangerous plants in my yard because of the animals. Just keep an eye on the dog and see if you catch him trying to eat some grass or leaves during his walk.

Answer this Question

PLEASE READ! DOG IN NEED!

I have a Siberian Husky who is a little over a year old. She was hit by a car almost a month ago, I took her to the vet, she had two major surgeries. Her stomach can only hold liquids, and she vomits everything else, and she is very skinny and still losing weight. The vet and I are trying several things, but I am afraid for her. Is there anything I can give her to help? Please reply if you have ANY ideas! Thank you!

Shayne from Sandy, UT

Answers

Have the vet do bloodwork to ensure there is not an infection taking over. Also check her electrolytes.

Keep her fluids up. Do the broth routine with water as well.

I went thru a similiar situation after surgery 3 years ago . If it was not for continious IV fluids, I would've died.

Sorry to hear about your poor baby.

Hopefully your vet can fix this or consider seeing another vet.

There is a product you can get from the vet. It's in a tube, has lots of great nutrition and apparently tastes yummy for dogs.

It's very rich and expensive and he cant live on it but it might at least give him some strength to heal what he needs to heal.

Does anyone else know the product I am speaking of? People often use it for dogs that are sick and dont feellike eating.

Best of luck and love to you both.

By marti (Guest Post)

try fast track from conklin it is probiotic and will help her stomach and has other forms that will help your poor baby. email me for info if you would like.
mitchells 96 @ hotmail. com

I would ask the vet to be in touch with the nearest vet college, they are the top of the industry. Hope she's doing better today!

By Me (Guest Post)

The vet college is good but if you don't have one FIND ANOTHER VET!! This person is incompetent!!

By Ragteller (Guest Post)

Go out and get a couple cans of Iams canned puppy food...and a box of Gerber baby RICE cereal. Don't get the oatmeal or mixed..it needs to be the rice cereal. Use about 1/3 of the can of the puppy food and mix in 1/2 cup of rice cereal. It's bland, but has tons of carbs. Using hot water, mix it until its thin enough that she won't throw it up. She should be able to keep it down. Feed her this at least 6 times a day. Some dogs have a very sensitive stomach after a trauma. If she can keep this down, she will be able to eat regularly again later on. Give her time to adjust, but keep the meals small and frequent. Good luck!

By Rasta (Guest Post)

If this vet has no answers get one that does without haste and never go to him again!

get another vet first. how about gatoraide. ally will drink anything if she sees me drink it. or chicken broth.

My Dog is coughing or hacking and has a clear or sometimes foaming vomit. Are there any home remedies out there?

Jeff from Lubbock, TX

Our little chihuahua contacted Parvo in a pet clothes shop. The dear Lord spared him, but now he has a lot of trouble with nausea and vomiting. Is there some way to treat this? He is not dehydrating, and seems healthy other than his wimpy stomach. I'm looking for suggestions.

Deborah from CA

My dog lately has been going off and getting into other peoples garbage. When she returns she vomits up some food she has ingested. To curb this problem we no longer allow her outside unless we are with her. She is 9 years old and until recently she would never leave our yard. The problem now is that she is intermittently vomiting up bile. It does not happen everyday.

I believe her behavior is because our youngest daughter is a freshman in college and away from home for the first time in the dog's life. The dog is very active and playful and nothing else is different. Should we be concerned, what can we do?

Shay from Ewing NJ

My dog was throwing up and now he does not want to eat. What can I do?

Dennis from Bronx, NY

Answers

Dennis, this type of problem can turn so serious so quickly, I suggest calling your vet right away. There are many different things that might be causing it, but guessing wrong could endanger your dog's life. If you don't have the money, beg or borrow enough to get him to the vet ASAP. Good luck, and keep us posted on his recovery.

By Kathy (Guest Post)

This just happened to us recently. Our dog ate cat poop and some of the litter got stuck. They did some tests, put her on antibiotics and fluids. Yes, it was about $600, but worth it! If you have to, just have them do an xray to see if there is pancritis or a blockage, then decide what to do from there. That was only about $100.

By gepe (Guest Post)

Take your pet to the vet! It could be something serious! If you really love your pet, you don't want them sick and suffering, GO TO THE VET ASAP! :)

By Rosa (Guest Post)

Take your dog to the veterinarian. Could be very serious!

Answer this Question

I have a black pug. From time to time she vomits her food. Not often. Is there anything out there my pug can eat that won't upset here already upset stomach.

Jane

Answers

Your dog may have a food allergy. Your best bet is to contact your vet and make an appt to get your dog checked out.

Hi Jane- I've referred to this website from time to time and it's helped. Hopefully it will help you out as well. www.vetinfo4dogs.com/dogindex.html
Have you tried changing the food at all? If your pug is getting older, her stomach might be more sensitive than it once was... Hope this helps!

By veronica (Guest Post)

try tinned rice pudding. It must be tinned - home made doesn't seem to work!

By Maggie (Guest Post)

We have a Pekingese with the same problem. We have found that Chicken flavor Pounce hairball treats help greatly. He has stopped vomiting as long as I remember to feed them to him.
Hope that helps

Answer this Question

My dog is not feeling himself. He is vomiting, has a lack of energy, and is not eating much. What can I do for him? Also his poo is dry.

Pets HealthOctober 1, 2013
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Caring-for-a-Dog-After-it-Vomits.html