Dog Is Nauseous and Not Pooping

if your dog won't eat and is sick at his stomach what should I do/ When he threw up it had a tiny amount of foam. He also cannot poop.

Best Answer

It sounds to me like he has a blockage, like he ate something and it won't come out the other end. The "foam" is probably a breakdown of whatever it is he ate. There is really nothing you can do except get him to a vet to see what is in his stomach, and the sooner, the better. A blockage can kill a dog. It's the vomiting that gives it away.

Best Answer

What it more than likely was is the dog had eaten some grass or some sort of plant leaves. My dogs do this all the time and they are always throwing up the leaves. At first this really bothered me, but now I know they love to go in the yard and eat the plant leaves. I don't grow any dangerous plants in my yard because of the animals. Just keep an eye on the dog and see if you catch him trying to eat some grass or leaves during his walk.

Call the vet as soon as possible. The foaming may mean he ate something poisonous.

She seems fine now.After that scare she came in and ate,then took her walking again.She acted good and poppyed.got up this morning went for walk and she pooped again (don't ask me why but I aways watch and check her poop )It was light green,but she seems fine now

tky Darlene

It does sound like a blockage. I think you got lucky.