Protecting Lawn From Dog Urine

What is the best way to neutralize dog urine so that every time he goes, he doesn't kill my lawn?

By Wally from UT

Answers

Your dog needs more water so that the pee is undetectable. A dog which gets enough water, is not dehydrated and so like humans, will pee fairly clear. Catch your dog peeing and capture a sample for the vet to check. Yes, it is easy. My dog on leash (German Shorthair) kept her inside, pushed fluids, and when she whined to have to pee now, I leashed her up, put on rubber gloves in case she/I missed, and followed her out the door. I had a huge new disposable cup that when she squatted to pee, I got my cup full. She did not care as she had to go now. And did and gave the sample.