Protecting Lawn From Dog Urine

What is the best way to neutralize dog urine so that every time he goes, he doesn't kill my lawn?

By Wally from UT

Answers

Your dog needs more water so that the pee is undetectable. A dog which gets enough water, is not dehydrated and so like humans, will pee fairly clear. Catch your dog peeing and capture a sample for the vet to check. Yes, it is easy. My dog on leash (German Shorthair) kept her inside, pushed fluids, and when she whined to have to pee now, I leashed her up, put on rubber gloves in case she/I missed, and followed her out the door. I had a huge new disposable cup that when she squatted to pee, I got my cup full. She did not care as she had to go now. And did and gave the sample.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Yorkshire Terrier peeing on grass
Protecting Your Lawn from Dog Urine
Home and Garden Gardening LawnJune 1, 2010
Lawn being replaced by moss.
Getting Rid of Moss in Your Lawn
Patchy unhealthy lawn.
Homemade Lawn Fertilizer Recipes
Child's hand picking an English daisy in the lawn.
Alternatives to Having a Lawn
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 28, 2016 at 4:05:35 PM on 10.0.1.124 in 289 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.