Can I Add Fragrance to a Humidifier?

Can I add fragrance to humidifier water?

By Kathie from Portland, ME

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

There are some fragrances made just for adding to humidifiers. Check Lowes or Home Depot or a local hardware store. I seem to remember you can even use potporri but I thik you need to make sure it stay contained so it doesn't stop up anything.

I just pour about 1/2 cup vinegar in my large console humidifier and it freshens the air perfectly! Am allergic to scents!

Personally, I have been adding Pine Sol to my humidifier for the fragrance of 'it' [the smell of pine tree's] for years, so, I would say YES you can add anything to the water, scent wise, that you enjoy smelling.

Woman Spraying Perfume
Fragrance Tips and Tricks
Consumer Advice General AdviceDecember 26, 2009
Closeup of lily-of-the-valley flowers against green of leaves and blue sky.
Growing Lily-of-the-Valley
A tea kettle on a stovetop.
Homemade Humidifier
Displaying Cut Flowers Outside
Displaying Cut Flowers Outside
Humidifier
Humidify Your Home
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 5:20:13 PM on 10.0.0.27 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.