Fragrance Tips and Tricks

Scents can be used in a variety of ways to improve the smell around your home and belongings. This is a guide about fragrance tips and tricks.

Do you have fragrance hanging around that you really don't like that much? Try mixing it up with other scents. Often you can find a combination that you will like.

I have some lily of the valley fragrance that I don't like alone, but it's fine mixed with citrus. And the older heavier perfumes can be added to bathwater to scent it; even if the perfume has evaporated and is somewhat deteriorated.

I find that citrus colognes such as 4711 and Jean Nate are great for mixing with other colognes. I fill my spray cologne bottle with a mixture of a few other scents for my own special blend.

Source: Myself, but Cher does it, too.

By pamphyila from L.A., CA

Can I add fragrance to humidifier water?

By Kathie from Portland, ME

Answers

There are some fragrances made just for adding to humidifiers. Check Lowes or Home Depot or a local hardware store. I seem to remember you can even use potporri but I thik you need to make sure it stay contained so it doesn't stop up anything.

I just pour about 1/2 cup vinegar in my large console humidifier and it freshens the air perfectly! Am allergic to scents!

Personally, I have been adding Pine Sol to my humidifier for the fragrance of 'it' [the smell of pine tree's] for years, so, I would say YES you can add anything to the water, scent wise, that you enjoy smelling.

How do you make your own fragrance?

Thank you,
poor8 from Glenview, IL

Answers

I thought this was a great question and was disappointed that no one else had responded. I too would like to know what others have come up with. The only thing I have seen was on a bottle of essential oil that mixed a few drops with high quality vodka (high quality vodka imparts no odor of its own).

I have never made my own, but www.saveonscents.com has directions to do it. I buy their fragrances and use it in melted wax to make my room smell good. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

Different people have different ideas about fragrance oils.
Are you interested in FO mixing (ASIAN BLOOM is AMBER + VANILLA ) or you are interested in making FO from aroma chemicals and EO?

I am looking for fig and olive fragrance.

By Janie from Sydney, Australia

Answers

Fig trees don't have flowers,as such,so you must mean fruit flavour, apart from adding dried or fresh figs to your and olive flowers don't have any distinct fragrance so just use extra virgin olive oil?

Anonymous

Here's a link for the fig and olive fragrance candles: http://www.aspi … e-scented-candle