Choosing Between Gel and Acrylic Nails

What is the difference between gel nails and acrylic nails? Can anyone give me advice on which to get? My real nails keep splitting and breaking and look terrible. I am looking for low maintenance nails that won't break and will look good, but I do not want to get nail diseases. Thanks.

By Catastrofy from Winnipeg, Canada

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I have worn artificial nails for the last 18 years and did my own acrylics for two years. I bite my nails completely off if I don't have the artificial ones on. The last 3 years I have worn gel nails. They are so light and you can see through them. they are stronger also.That is what appears to be the only difference, color and of course, price.

Mancured Hand Holding Flower petals
Saving Money on Acrylic Nails
Health & Beauty Beauty Nail TipsAugust 15, 2010
Hand Scooping Out Homemade Hair Gel
Homemade Hair Gel Recipes
sore nails
Remedies for Nail Pain After Removing Acrylic Nails
Red Acrylic Nails
Removing Acrylic Nails
Photo of a woman's hands with acrylic nails on.
Applying Acrylic Nails
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 2:21:19 AM on 10.0.2.49 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.