Selling Handmade Crochet Items

I saw somebody posted a question as to where they could sell their handmade crocheted items, but never saw an answer. So I'm asking again. I missed all the holiday craft fairs, but would like to know what venues are available to sell my handmade items. I did check out esty, but I have too many different items to post.

By Linda from Chicago IL area

I have a couple online shops (all currently empty.I've been too busy with life!), and I have friends with online shops.

In addition to etsy, there is Reminds me of etsy. Also I haven't been there in ages, but it used to be okay. You can sell all sorts of stuff on, but it kind of reminds me of ebay.

Best of luck! One of my biggest items is my Valentine's Day cards, and I'm thinking about getting back into the saddle. I think things will be going into high gear for me next week when The Kid goes back to school. :-)

Put ad in news paper or online papers,good luck.

Can't you break up the items you have into categories and post them that way on Etsy? It seems the best venue to sell year round for crafters, that I've ever seen.

The other way is to google etsy, and when it pops up, check similar, but if you are dealing with an unknown site, I don't know how you research it's reputation.

Perhaps you could develop your own site through an inexpensive site.

You could write a form letter and send it to all churches in July to find out about craft bazaars, and also check local area for flea markets, though some can be seedy.

In my area there are local flea markets in the spring and summer. They have a small fee to set up, but many of them get lots of traffic. Pick a busy weekend in your area and try it out. You might want to go to the market a week or two beforehand to check it out, see what kind of traffic it gets, what others are selling, and what kind of price ranges they have.

You can bunch your things up ans sell as a lot on but meet at a local business or parking lot...never at your home. You can easily set up a simple website of your own, and then advertise with us. You will need a paypal account if you don't already. Avoid eBay, they will cost you a lot. If you have a nice open garage, think of having a "craft sale" and advertise on CL. Good luck!

January 27, 20100 found this helpful is a good place to open your own webstore. It is a free online marketplace that you can upload pictures, enter descriptions, and pricing. There are no hosting fees and consists of a community of different types of sellers. There is also the option of ebay, artfire, and etsy.

I've done the craft sale thing. They want you to charge rumage sale prices for things that can take up to 30 hours to make. That would be less than one cent an hour for all the hard work. I think they're only thinking about how much the materials cost, not the time it takes to make something. Plus they would come look over my things and go make them and at the next sale, you'd find your inventions/items made by them for less than you charge. Beat you out with your own things.

Handmade Crochet Bag
Selling Handmade Crochet Items
Crafts Selling CraftsDecember 31, 2009
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
eBay Logo
Selling On eBay
A person crocheting a pink baby blanket.
Finding Time to Crochet
Various promotional items.
Removing Logos from Promotional Items