Sissy's Taco Salad

• 1 lb. ground beef (browned)
  • 1 can light red kidney beans
  • 2 tomatoes, cubed
  • 1/4 - 1/2 head lettuce, cut or shredded
  • Ad
  • 1 package taco seasoning mix (I use Taco Bell)
  • 1 small can sliced black olives, drained
  • 1 8 oz. package shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 of bag Tortilla Chips (Tostitos, Doritos Corn, or Mission, etc)
  • 1/2 - 1 8 oz. bottle Creamy French Salad Dressing or Catalina Dressing

Brown ground beef and drain any grease. Add taco seasoning mix and water to beef mixture and cook according to package directions. Set ground beef mixture aside to cool. While the meat is cooling cup up you veggies. Cut up the lettuce. I like mine in bigger chunks instead of shredding the it. Add to a large bowl cut tomatoes and add to your bowl, then add the black olives.

I am so lucky that we grow our own tomatoes so we have plenty every year. So be careful when purchasing your tomatoes. Always wash them first before adding to any dish but that's just common knowledge.

Add cooled meat mixture, cheese, kidney beans and taco chips. I break my chips into pieces and I don't add all of the chips to the salad or they will get soggy. Finally add the French Dressing and toss together. At this point you can taste the salad and see how much dressing you would like to add, it can be anywhere from 1/2 of the bottle or you can add the whole thing, it's really your own preference. Add salad to a large serving bowl and dig in. If you want more chips you can add them to each bowl. This is really the best Taco Salad I have ever had.

Source: This recipe is my oldest sister's recipe. She has been making taco salad this way for as long as I can remember. I can personally count 21 years ago was the first time I ate this wonderful taco salad. I have been making it for my family ever since. This recipe has been placed on my very own recipe website.

By Tina from Mesquite, TX

Catalina dressing is best!!!!!!

Thank you Tina. I was surprised to see this so cool.

Chicken Taco Salad
Taco Salad Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Salads MexicanSeptember 24, 2008
Shrimp Tacos
Seafood Taco Recipes
Taco Bake on Picnic Table
Taco Bake Recipes
Taco Shells
Making Taco Shells
Making taco seasoning.
Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipes