Garden: Hardy Pink Sweet Peas

Some nice seed saver on ThriftyFun sent me seeds several years ago. Sorry I didn't keep a log of who that person was. These sweet peas do not have a fragrance at all, but are great cut flowers in this lovely orchid pink color. And even though they die back some (they are almost evergreen), they keep coming back every year. Plus they seed themselves in other places in the garden, which gives me the chance to pot the starts up to give away.

And yes, I save the seeds to give away, also. Many, many thanks to the person that sent them to me.

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

Here is a close up of these sweet , Hardy sweetpeas. GG Vi

Very pretty! They remind me of a bunch that grew against the fence in the front yard where I grew up. There was an old metal swing next to them that I would sit in & enjoy their beautiful flowers from the time I was very small-they fascinated me. One of my biggest regrets when my mom moved out of that house (I had kids of my own by then), is that I didn't take the sweetpeas & the old yellow rose bush that had been there since the 1940s-50s!

Photos GardenMay 24, 2011
Sugar Snap Peas
Freezing Snow Peas (Sugar, Chinese, or Sugar Snap Peas)
Freezing Black-eyed Peas
Freezing Field Peas (Black-Eyed Peas)
Growing Peas
Growing Peas
Freezing Peas, Frozen Peas
Freezing Peas