Vinegar Spray

Did you know that there is a very quick and simple way to add or remove permanent creases in your ironing. Simply mix 1/3 of a cup of vinegar to 2/3 of a cup of water. Using a spray bottle dampen the fabric in the area that you require the permanent crease or to remove a crease. Cover with some brown paper or similar and iron.

By Gary

About The Author: Removing "Permanent" Creases from Clothing

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I followed the exact directions on the label for 4 sweaters I own, all made with the same material (purchased from different places). The sweaters are made of 80% Rayon, 17% Nylon and 3% Spandex. I washed inside out in the delicate cycle with Woolite. Directions say to "machine wash cold with like colors. Gentle cycle. Lay flat to dry. Warm iron if needed. Do not tumble dry." I followed theses instructions to the letter and removed these from the washing machine immediately after the cycle ended to lay flat to dry. Although not all washed together, all four garments have come out with permanent wrinkle marks that can not be ironed out or tumbled dried out (I used one as a test in the dryer). It is almost like the wrinkle marks are "stained" into the fabric for good. Help! I have 2 others like it that I am afraid to wash because of this. I am hoping you can help me save those and the other 4 that are seemingly ruined. Any advice?

The vinegar applied liberally to the crease followed by ironing with a warm iron got rid of the creases in my 'stretch' slacks. Thanks.

Thanks so much for that tip--I bought a pair of nice synthetic dress pants for work, but since I bought them off the $2 rack at a consignment store, they were "almost" perfect. They were a little too short--so I clipped the stitches that held the cuff in place, turned the cuff down, and ironed the crease with the vinegar/water solution. Now I have a perfect pair of pants!

Comment

Did you know that there is a very quick and simple way to achieve permanent creases in your ironing. Simply mix 1/3rd of a cup of vinegar to 2/3rds of a cup of water. Using a spray bottle dampen the fabric in the area that you require the permanent crease. Cover with some brown paper or similar and iron.

By Gary S

Ironing Permanent Creases

Wow, Gary, thank you! I will try this on lots of things - especially my oxford shirts - for the sleeves. I assume this work on all cotton?

Jennifer (11/23/2004)

By ILuvDobes

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
"Permanent" Creases on Slacks
Removing "Permanent" Creases from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryNovember 1, 2006
wrinkled slacks
Removing Wrinkles from Permanent Press Clothing
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 17, 2016 at 11:46:53 PM on 10.0.1.190 in 312 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.