What is the best use for used coffee grounds?
By Marie from NJ
Put them in your plants or compost pile.
Yes, compost them or use them around blueberries and Azaeleas to make the soil more acidic
If you are a craft person Google "crafts using coffee grounds". There are oodles of craft ideas using used coffee grounds. :-)
I can attest to their use for keeping disposal blades sharp. Ice cubes work well too, but coffee is esp' handy, since you have it every day.
Hope that helps.
Roses also love coffee grounds. Add crushed egg shells and this will keep many crawling things you don't want on your roses out. If you need to feed your roses add both close to the plants and under the surface. You can mix coffee grounds with planting mix and improve growth and blooms.
1. Use dried grounds in pin cushions to keep them from rusting.
2. For stubborn grease and stains on pots and pans, coffee grounds really get in there and do the job.
3. Chocolate cake flavorer: Used grounds and fresh grounds both give a little kick to chocolate baked goods, including brownies.
4. Use a mix of coffee grounds and water to dye clothing, paper, or even Easter eggs.
5. An egg white mixed with 1/4 cup grounds makes a great exfoliating face mask.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!