In Praise of Sunflower Oil

1 teaspoon of sunflower oil keeps my bathtub, the old claw type of bathtub, free of bathtub ring, and I like how the sunflower oil is not as greasy as some of the other oils.

Sunflower oil is on the same aisle as all the other cooking oils.

I also use it in a bottle, 1 tsp of sunflower oil, fill the bottle with water and add 1 tsp vanilla and 3 tsp lemon juice. It adds highlights to hair and is a good conditioner.

Keep old washed out soap or lotion dispensers filled with white vinegar and a little sunflower oil. This makes a safer hand disinfectant than you can buy in stores. There is some debate as to how safe the antibacterial lotions are for the hands and the body as it seeps in and is actually closer to a pesticide. Vinegar is a natural cleaner that will kill germs. The sunflower oil will keep skin soft. Also rubbing alcohol and sunflower oil make good hand rubs too, but I like the vinegar better since it is safer.

By Racer

sunflower oil and seeds
Uses for Sunflower Oil
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceNovember 29, 2004
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Bouquet of sunflowers.
Making a Sunflower Wedding Bouquet
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway