Making Homemade Baby Food

What is the best baby food? How can I make it myself?

The best baby food is that you make yourself. I have a blender that has a small 1 cup jar in addition to the regular sized one. If you don't have one like that you can use a regular blender. Just put a tiny bit of the food from your table and some broth, juice, or water (tiny bit!) and blend until smooth. All three of my boys almost totally ate food from the table this way except when we had pizza or something else they couldn't have. You have to use common sense and not feed a baby something like spaghetti or horseradish but they can eat veggies (my boys loved squash!) and meats and even fruits. This is much, much cheaper than jared foods and so VERY much better for baby.

I feed all my kids off the table.. I had a small grinder on the table. They ate everything we did. They are grown now and they still love all foods. And they are all still healthy. I think it is the good start in life they had. I am raising my great grand daughter now, and I am doing the same with her. She loves every thing. The other grandparents has her sister and she is real picky.

The best foods for baby are the simple ones, especially those already prepared by nature. Simply cut an avocado and wa-lah instant baby food, chop a tomato, a peach, smoosh some pears, banana, blend some apples, squash etc. this doesn't have to be complicated, God made food easy for us to enjoy in the simple form. babies don't require spices salt or msg to like things nor do you want them too. keep it simple,, fruits and veggies and when their a little older add some nuts or seeds.. nutmilk is awesome and easy to make as well as things like cashew cheese...

If you're talking about beginning foods, you can puree fresh foods in a good blender. You will need to add just enough liquid to allow them to blend easily.

You can precook meats and hard vegetables first, but most fruits can be pureed raw. It's best not to add spices or sugar to baby's food.

I agree with all the other posts but I would add that after having 4 children in under 3 years I learned to make a bag of split peas in the crock pot and freeze in small containers. I also froze large amounts of cooked/mashed squash, potatoes, asparagas, beans etc in small containers. This way they could eat what we were having for dinner (small blener) but when were were gone the sitter could easily feed them by grabbing something from the freezer. Best of luck!

Dish of homemade carrot baby food. It is surrounded by fresh carrots and a ceramic bunny.
Homemade Baby Food Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baby FoodSeptember 24, 2008
A baby eating organic baby food.
Making Your Own Organic Baby Food
Freezing Baby Food. Jar of Baby Food with Spoon
Freezing Baby Food
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower