Butterscotch Pudding Pie Filling Recipe

Does anybody have an old recipe for butterscotch pudding/pie filling which uses a bit of vinegar, maybe melts sugar in pan, and uses eggs to make a genuine cream filling? My stepmom made it years ago and it was the real thing.

By PENNY K from Westminster, CO

Hi Penny,

Check out this Food and Wine URL.

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/creamy-butterscotch-pudding-with-toffee

The recipe includes some crumbled toffee candy, but you wouldn't have to use it as it's only a "garnish".

The recipe does require using vinegar, and surprise...Bourbon. If I were making it and didn't want to use the bourbon, I would be substituting with apple juice. It's such a little bit anyway, that I can't think it's crucial.

I hope this helps,

Julia in Boca Raton, FL

If you will Google "homemade butterscotch pudding/pie filling recipe" you will get a lot of websites that have great recipes. Hope you find one that works for you.

Thank you; I read it and emailed it to myself. It looks like it contains all the things I remember her putting it it.

I will definitely make it, sans the bourbon and toffee, because I want to see if the base recipe is what I'm aiming for before I embellish it. Thanks everyone, so much.I'm the only one in family who likes butterscotch, but about once a year, I get a real hankering for it.

Butterscotch Puddings
Butterscotch Pudding Dessert Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts PuddingMay 14, 2010
A banana split with butterscotch sauce.
Butterscotch Sauce Recipes
Vanilla Pudding Pie
Vanilla Pudding Pie Recipes
banana pudding pie
Pudding Pie Filling Mix Recipe
Canning Pie Filling, Cherry Pie
Canning Pie Filling
🎉
🎄