Affordable Dental Work

Is there a university medical center near you? I have had my entire mouth repaired (and I needed a lot!) at the Dental School of the university at a fraction of what it costs in the mainstream. I went there because I wasn't satisfied with my dental care in the mainstream market. I can't say enough good things about the care given at the school. Dental students are nearing their degree in dentistry and are very carefully supervised by a teaching dentist with advanced degrees. Truly, the best decision I ever made in the medical arena. And yes, in my experience they take credit cards, checks, and cash. Nobody hounds you to pay on the day of service. Make those calls!

By Lois from Pennsylvania and Western NY

I have wondered the same. My insurance only pays $200 per year and $200 for glasses. I need work badly. Have thought about doing a search on affordable dental work but don't have the funds right now. Uncle Sam might give me a small amount. Thanks for the idea.

I tried that once years ago in Huntsville Alabama & my mom was horrified to find out that my bad tooth had been stuffed very tightly with time released Codien.

At present my husband is going to the University of Alabama dental school for dentures.It will be a LOT LESS expensive than going to a local dentist. He is very pleased with the young man who is taking care of him. I like the fact that he has the same student every time.Like you said,they are monitored very closely and even assisted when necessary. I am thinking of going there next! Judy in Alabama

I have found the nearest place for us is Pittsburgh and they are booked untill July,I need action now.Is there any place you know of nearer??Much appreciate any help Thank You Darlene

This is terrible. Somebody please come up with an answer for Lois. Surely there is some public assistance for people in this situation.

I thought that she lived in the developing world when I first read her post.

Dentist Examining Woman's Teeth
Saving Money on Dental Work
Health & Beauty AdviceMarch 20, 2008
Woman Preparing to Brush Her Teeth
Dental Health Tips
A woman at the dentist.
Buying Dental Insurance
Dentist talking to your girl in dentist chair holding a dental mold
Getting Dental Work Done Without Insurance
A woman getting dental work done.