Decorated Salvage Furniture Plant Stands

These two pieces were gleaned at our city's recycling garage at the city dump. The table is plastic and was a faux wood look. The chair was a little wobbly, as were several more that I picked up. A coat of paint on both (paint from the recycling center also), a little decorative painting and they are both now used as plant stands! These would work great with some decoupage in place of the painting also. I have done several chairs to plant stands that I use outside, just spray them with several coats of clear spray paint and they're good to go.

By Maggie from Bloomington, MN

I love that idea. I've also seen beat up wooden kitchen chairs at garden centers with the seat taken out and a pot shaped bottom was made with chicken wire. Then fill with moss and soil and plant pretty flowers in. After they start filling in and draping over the sides, imagine how beautiful it will be? I have picked up 3 chairs in the trash and plan on doing that for my annual garage sale this year. You can also paint them if you don't like the old vintage look. They sold them there for $150. Oh no! Not me paying that much for something I can make. Keep recycling and enjoy what you've made. That's the whole fun of it!!

Way to go! I have also found several pieces of furniture that folks dump out for trash day. I am currently painting an old wooden kitchen chair to look like a Texas flag. I plan on giving it as a creative gift for an upcoming birthday. Keep the creative ideas coming!

Plant Stand
Creative Plant Stand Ideas
Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherJanuary 1, 2008
Fabric square tied onto chair back.
Embellishing Furniture for a New Look
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Discount Grocery Store
Shopping at Discount Grocery Stores
🎉
🎄