Stove Top Teriyaki Pork Loin

I have a 22-ounce Teriyaki flavored pork loin and am looking for a quick, on-top-of-the-stove way to prepare it. No crock pot, no oven, few ingredients and not cooked well done. Thanks in advance for all suggestions!

D. from Ohio

I do not have a recipe Per Se for the Loin you are wanting, but do have experience with pressure pans. My suggestion would be to brown the loin, place on the rack inside the pressure pan. Since it is already flavored with Teryaki, it doesn't need much in the way of spices, etc. I would pour over it about a cup of Apple juice, and bring it up to pressure. When the weight starts to jiggle, turn the heat down until it almost stops jiggling and cook for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat, carefully remove the weight and allow the steam to completely escape. Then carefully open the lid, and check to see if it is as done as you desire. I am not sure about the timing of this, so you will have to check it in this way. Once you figure out the time, write it down for future reference.

You might also check internal temperature with a thermometer. A well done loin should be 155º.

Harlean from Arkansas

The only way I could think of to do it on the stove would be to cut it into small pieces and either stirfry it with other veggies and serve it over rice or brown up the pieces and add a cream soup like cream of mushroom and maybe some sour cream and serve it over noodles.

There are lots of recipes that call for it to be sliced and cooked in a frying pan - like medaillons. I am not sure if you have a larger pork loin roast or a smaller pork tenderloin. With the tenderloin, you can cut in slices and pan fry. If it bigger, try cutting it in half lengthwise and then slicing. I was also going to suggest slicing and flattening with a mallet, to make pork cutlets, but not sure with it already being teriyaki flavour what you could do with it (other than someone else's suggestion to make stir-fry). Sometimes I cut mine up into cubes, rather than strips and then you could make some type of meal and serve it over rice or noodles. Oh! Maybe you could make oriental wraps... either using flatbreads or pita, or have you tried the kind that you roll up in lettuce or chinese cabbage leaves. That might work too.

Anyway, good luck and I hope you'll let us know what you tried...

Tina - Oshawa, ON

We bought a marinated teriyaki pork loin a few years ago & prepared it on the gas grill. It was so salty. My best way of preparing this type of loin is in a crockpot. I know you said you don't have one, but buy you one as a Christmas gift to yourself or ask for one from "Santa".

Slice it in round pieces, dredge in a a batter or flour, and pan fry. Serve on hot biscuits. Nothing better than that for any meal, serve hot or cold.

Pork Loin
Pork Loin Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Meats PorkDecember 10, 2007
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Stuffed Pork Loin
Stuffed Pork Loin Recipes
Chopsticks Picking up Piece of Teriyaki Chicken
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Recipes
🎄
🍂