Honey Mustard Pork Loin with Apples
Make a delicious pork roast surrounded with apples, carrots, and onions. A honey mustard sauce can be prepared from the drippings. The recipe and instructions for making this amazing main dish follow.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
The flavours of this roast pork loin smothered in apples is perfect for the fall season. Use the freshly roasted pork's juices, along with some honey and mustard, to make the perfect sauce to accompany it. The apples, once browned and cooked down, can be pressed down on with a fork to make an effortless applesauce for your dish. This is one of my favourite pork dishes, by far!
This can be made in one large ovenproof skillet from stove to oven, but I used an electric skillet and a baking pan.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 3lb pork loin
- salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 apples, peeled and sliced into 30 segments total
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8 ounces baby carrots or chopped carrots
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Season pork generously all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat some oil in a large skillet. Sear the pork on all sides until browned. This should take about 12-15 minutes altogether.
- Transfer pork to a large baking pan. Add butter to the hot skillet with the pork juices, then add apples, onions, and carrots. Add some salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until apples are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer apples and veggies to baking pan around pork. Sprinkle everything with thyme and rosemary.
- Cover baking pan with foil and bake for about 45 minutes. I took mine out when a thermometer placed in the center registered at 160 F.
- Carefully pour the juices from the baking pan into a saucepan and place over high heat.
- Whisk in apple cider vinegar, mustard, and honey. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until it cooks down by half. Whisk in a tablespoon of butter.
- Slice the roast and place on a platter next to the apples and veggies. Drizzle with honey mustard sauce.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.