Pork Loin Recipes

Category Pork
Pork can be prepared in so many ways, including many ethnic variations. This page contains pork loin recipes.

Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

An easy and yummy treatment for boneless pork loin.

Directions:

In a small bowl, combine the oil and spices. Make small cuts all over meat to allow the spices to penetrate meat. Rub the spice mixture all over roast on all sides. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.

I also made a gravy, by adding 1 cup chicken broth and 1 Tbsp. corn starch to the drippings. Bring to a boil in a small pan.

I found this in a Taste of Home Book and added the savory spices to the cinnamon and nutmeg. They added a great kick to this meat!

Servings: 10-12
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time
1 1/2+ Hours Cooking Time

By Kim from Crawford, CO

Ingredients

• 1 can whole-berry cranberry sauce
  • 1 packet pork gravy mix (McCormick is good)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • Ad

• 3 Tbsp. smoky-flavored barbecue sauce (or use regular barbecue sauce and add 1 tsp. liquid smoke)
  • 3 Tbsp. sesame seeds
  • piece of boneless pork loin, NOT tenderloin, unsliced (about 3 pounds or so)

Directions

In saucepan, whisk together cranberry sauce, powdered gravy mix, water, garlic, and barbecue sauce (with liquid smoke, if using). Heat to boiling, and boil for one minute. Lower heat and simmer for 3 minutes.

Place piece of loin fat-side-up in a roasting pan (no rack) or large casserole dish that fits the meat with some additional room. Spread meat with half of prepared sauce, reserving the other half in refrigerator. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cover tightly with foil (without allowing foil to touch meat) and bake at 350 degrees F for one hour. Remove foil and return to oven for 30-45 minutes or until very tender. Let cool just enough to slice. Re-heat the reserved sauce and serve over sliced pork.

Alternatively, you can cook the pork with the entirety of the sauce preparation for a slightly "saucier" flavor.

Whichever preparation, the finished product keeps well in a crock-pot or insulated pan for taking to potlucks or church dinners, and it is excellent when gently reheated.

I believe this is a thrifty recipe because boneless pork loins often go on sale in my area for as cheap as $1.79 per pound if one buys a whole or at least a half of a loin. I often buy them when on sale, cut into 3 pound portions, and freeze to later use for this recipe. Or, it is easy to triple or quadruple the sauce amounts and cook an entire 10 or 12 pound loin for large gatherings. Occasionally, you can find cans of whole berry cranberry sauce reduced very very cheaply after Thanksgiving and Christmas are over. I stock up with as many as I can find at a reduced rate.

Source: Adapted from an old newspaper clipping my mother had.

By Shawna from Paris, TN

Ingredients

• 1 boneless pork loin roast (3-6 lb.)
  • barbecue sauce

Directions

Insert rotisserie rod through exact center of roast, using prongs to hold roast in place. Insert meat thermometer so bulb is centered in roast but not in fat or on rod. Cook at low temperature on rotisserie for 2-3 hours or to 170 degrees F on meat thermometer. Brush with barbecue sauce during last 30 minutes of cooking.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Ingredients

• 4 boneless center pork loin slice, about 1 lb.
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, cut in strips
  • 1/2 green pepper, cut in strips
  • 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
  • Ad

• 2/3 cup orange juice
  • 2/3 cup bottled barbecue sauce
  • 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard

Directions

Place meat between 2 pieces of clean plastic wrap. Pound with a mallet to about 1/4 inch thickness. Place several red and green pepper strips crosswise on each pork portion; roll up jelly roll style. Secure rolls with wooden toothpicks. In a large skillet, brown the pork rolls in hot cooking oil. Drain fat from pan. Combine remaining ingredients and add to skillet. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until pork is tender. Remove toothpicks. Serves 4.

By Robin from Washington, IA

I have a 22-ounce Teriyaki flavored pork loin and am looking for a quick, on-top-of-the-stove way to prepare it. No crock pot, no oven, few ingredients and not cooked well done. Thanks in advance for all suggestions!

D. from Ohio

Answers

I do not have a recipe Per Se for the Loin you are wanting, but do have experience with pressure pans. My suggestion would be to brown the loin, place on the rack inside the pressure pan. Since it is already flavored with Teryaki, it doesn't need much in the way of spices, etc. I would pour over it about a cup of Apple juice, and bring it up to pressure. When the weight starts to jiggle, turn the heat down until it almost stops jiggling and cook for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat, carefully remove the weight and allow the steam to completely escape. Then carefully open the lid, and check to see if it is as done as you desire. I am not sure about the timing of this, so you will have to check it in this way. Once you figure out the time, write it down for future reference.
You might also check internal temperature with a thermometer. A well done loin should be 155º.
Harlean from Arkansas

The only way I could think of to do it on the stove would be to cut it into small pieces and either stirfry it with other veggies and serve it over rice or brown up the pieces and add a cream soup like cream of mushroom and maybe some sour cream and serve it over noodles.

There are lots of recipes that call for it to be sliced and cooked in a frying pan - like medaillons. I am not sure if you have a larger pork loin roast or a smaller pork tenderloin. With the tenderloin, you can cut in slices and pan fry. If it bigger, try cutting it in half lengthwise and then slicing. I was also going to suggest slicing and flattening with a mallet, to make pork cutlets, but not sure with it already being teriyaki flavour what you could do with it (other than someone else's suggestion to make stir-fry). Sometimes I cut mine up into cubes, rather than strips and then you could make some type of meal and serve it over rice or noodles. Oh! Maybe you could make oriental wraps... either using flatbreads or pita, or have you tried the kind that you roll up in lettuce or chinese cabbage leaves. That might work too.

Anyway, good luck and I hope you'll let us know what you tried...

Tina - Oshawa, ON

We bought a marinated teriyaki pork loin a few years ago & prepared it on the gas grill. It was so salty. My best way of preparing this type of loin is in a crockpot. I know you said you don't have one, but buy you one as a Christmas gift to yourself or ask for one from "Santa".

Slice it in round pieces, dredge in a a batter or flour, and pan fry. Serve on hot biscuits. Nothing better than that for any meal, serve hot or cold.