Mexi Corn Salad

Not the usual corn salad, but one with a Mexican flavor, can be made into a dip also.

• 2 cans Mexi corn, drained
  • Ad
  • 1 cup mayo
  • 1 small chopped onion
  • 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
  • small package chili corn chips

Or for another variation, substitute 1 can regular corn, drained and 1 can shoe peg corn drained for the 2 cans Mexi corn

Directions:

In a bowl mix the corn, mayo, onion and cheese. Just before serving, top with slightly crushed chili corn chips (Fritos). I like to put a bowl of the chips on for those who like more in their salad.

Use this same recipe for a delicious dip just put it your food processor or blender, without the chips, for a few seconds and serve with the larger Fritos Scoops. This salad or dip keeps well and only gets better the next day. I warn you I would double the recipe if taking it somewhere and take the recipe with you if you share recipes.

Follow the same directions if you don't want the Mexican flavor and use the 1 can of regular and 1 can of shoe peg corn drained. You might want to add some seasonings such as garlic or dill, I found it a little mild for my taste.

Source: Sister-in-law

By latrtatr from Loup City, NE

Lettuce, tomato and corn salad.
Mexican Salad Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Salads MexicanDecember 30, 2009
Chicken Taco Salad
Taco Salad Recipes
Growing Indian Corn
Growing Indian Corn
Corn and Cabbage Salad
Corn Salad Recipes
A stack of corn tortillas.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipes
🎄
🍂