Browsing: Luncheon and Tea Party Ideas for Adults

Adult Luncheon Ideas

My wife is having a luncheon for 8 of her women friends and is looking for some fun ways they can have fun together. They have known each other for 8 years and get together regularly. Any ideas of games, food, party favors etc. I would be greatly appreciated. The ladies are between 40 and 60 years of age.

Steven

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Two ideas One why not have a tea? You could make small sandwiches and have nice hot tea. When I threw my Mother-in-law's tea I gave each lady a fan as a party favor. I included a little card called the international language of the fan which I got off the internet. Back in the 1800's a way a woman held her fan was said to mean a lot of things.My china was pink and white so I went with that color scheme. We played classical music in the background to get everyone in the mood. I made a silk rose topiary out of an old tin tea pot. I just took a piece of dowel and covered it in ribbon that had wire on the edges. Covered a sytrofoam ball with silk rose buds and Stuck that into another piece of foam in the teapot. I then cover that with moss. It stood tall enough so it did not block people's view of each other. I also made corsages for each lady. I got my husband to serve the tea which was quite fun. Since none of the ladies knew each other because they were my children's inlaws, I asked each lady to tell a funny story from when she was growing up. It really broke the ice. You could take a list of old timey words like carriage, teapot, silver service, and scramble the words and give them only a certain amount of time to figure it out.

Idea number 2 Why not theme the party around something they all like? Do they have a hobby or interest that they all share? If they all like books or movies you could theme your party to one of these. Party favors could be something from one of their books or movies. Guessing games or trivia games could be made out of that. Gardening would be another idea where there would be lots of possiblilities. Good Luck!

Why not celebrate the reoccuring number 8? Games with 8 in it? Recipes with 8 ingredients (or less) cake shaped in an 8?

Sounds like fun.

Hi, Steven, I belong to a women's Bingo group: There are about 10 of us in the group; we get together about once a month, taking turns on whose house we have it at; we use a Bingo game we bought at a toy store; we each put $3 into the "kitty"; we play 4 games, each of the first 3 games being for a third of what's in the kitty, the 4th game is for the gift that the hostess buys. It is so much fun; there's no pressure if you don't get an exact amount of people to show up like with Bunco; the hostess gifts don't have to be expensive or elaborate at all; the snacks we serve are low-key (since a lot of us are on diets LOL!), the hostess does usually provide a nice dessert, however. It's just a fun, informal time: lots of girl talk, we call it our $3 therapy!

Another idea is for them to play the game "Bunco". It's a dice game made for 3-12 people. People move around and so it makes for a very social game. Scores are tallied at the end of the night and prizes can be given for things like the highest score, lowest score, etc. Google the word "Bunco" for some great ideas on hosting one of these parties.

How about a memory game over the past 8 years, with prizes for funniest (not necessarily accurate) answer - e.g. Where were you and what were you doing when the new millennium rang in? Who was the sexiest man running for president in 2000? Would you go out with Burt Reynolds today if you had the chance? If not, then who would you be tempted by? What was your first thought when you saw a thong for the first time? Would you wear platform shoes and tight jeans again? That should break the ice.

Hi. There is about 12 ladies (maybe more) that are going out for dinner. We are from our church. I was wondering if anyone had a simple but nice little game we could play. Any suggestions will help. Please email me kashoaf AT localnet.com

Adults at Luncheon Enjoying Tea Together
Luncheon and Tea Party Ideas for Adults
Holidays and Parties Gifts AdultsJanuary 6, 2007
Seniors Luncheon
Seniors' Luncheon Ideas
young adults at a beach party
Party Themes for Adults
Frugal Luncheon
Frugal Luncheon Menu Ideas
Church Luncheon Ideas
Church Luncheon Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 23, 2016 at 9:45:29 PM on 10.0.2.187 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.