Pillow Dye Transferred onto Sofa

I have a tan microfiber couch and recently purchased two red microfiber throw pillows for it. My boyfriend was sick for three days and slept on the couch on one of the red pillows, and now I have a pink/red stain from where the pillow had been. What should I use to remove the red dye without ruining my couch?

Rhonda from Topeka, KS

Best Answer

Hand cleaner works great on tough stains. It is sold at the dollar store $1 in a small tub. It's the kind that men use to pre clean there hands if working in grease. I use it on any kind of stain or surface. Just rub it in and scrub it on good, let set then vacuum it off with a wet vacuum tool removal. My daughter had red clay ground in mud stains on her wedding dress bottom and it cut it all right out.

Even on the top of the lid it says "Cuts the toughest stains" it looks like a milky thick gooey liquid. I use it in the laundry, or straight onto a stain. I just used it the other day on the arm of my sofa which is micro fiber type. I scrubbed it in, let set, then wet vacuumed it out.

Best Answer

Mr. Clean dry eraser work wonderfully.

A white couch with colorful pillows.
Pillow Dye Transferred onto Sofa
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureFebruary 16, 2009
ornamental rug
Removing Rug Dye from Carpet
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🎉
🎄