Pillow Dye Transferred onto Sofa

Category Stains
Brightly colored throw pillows may not be color fast. This guide is about pillow dye transfered onto sofa.

I have a tan microfiber couch and recently purchased two red microfiber throw pillows for it. My boyfriend was sick for three days and slept on the couch on one of the red pillows, and now I have a pink/red stain from where the pillow had been. What should I use to remove the red dye without ruining my couch?

Rhonda from Topeka, KS

Answers

Best Answer

Hand cleaner works great on tough stains. It is sold at the dollar store $1 in a small tub. It's the kind that men use to pre clean there hands if working in grease. I use it on any kind of stain or surface. Just rub it in and scrub it on good, let set then vacuum it off with a wet vacuum tool removal. My daughter had red clay ground in mud stains on her wedding dress bottom and it cut it all right out.

Even on the top of the lid it says "Cuts the toughest stains" it looks like a milky thick gooey liquid. I use it in the laundry, or straight onto a stain. I just used it the other day on the arm of my sofa which is micro fiber type. I scrubbed it in, let set, then wet vacuumed it out.

Best Answer

Mr. Clean dry eraser work wonderfully.

How can I remove red dye from my cream colored microfiber couch? My friend slept on my couch and her red shirt left a stain on my light cream colored couch. I tried soap and water, which didn't work. Next, I tried rubbing alcohol, which faded the red out a little but not much. Any suggestions? The cushions cannot be removed.

Roxanne from CT

Answers

Best Answer

I laid an open red Sharpie down on my beige microfiber chair, which left a red stain about the size of a grape. I have been working on it with huggies and it is slowly fading away. I use huggies for spot cleaning my carpets also.