Removing Musty Odor From Clothes

Here's the "Solution"

I had a brand new bedspread, that picked up a musty smell from an RV we had used. I tried everything, to get the odor out. Of course I could not use bleach on this fabric. A musty odor is almost impossible to get rid of, once an item has been exposed, no matter how clean you get it! Ahhh, at last, I remembered that I still had some "Simple Solution Stain and Odor Remover" on hand. You can buy it at most pet stores. It's the best thing I have ever found, for removing the smell left in the carpet from our aging, incontinent kitty. It has never damaged my carpets, so I thought, why not?! So I put two cups of "Simple Solution" into a washing machine full of water with the bedspread. I let it soak for four hours and then ran it through the normal cycle. The musty odor is now gone! And the bedspread has a very light pleasant scent. I am so happy that a brand new, very expensive item was saved! I would have no hesitation to use this product on any type of furniture that may have picked up a musty smell. Musty Odor? This nasty problem will not be a problem for me ever again!

By Diane =^..^= from New Braunfels, TX

Try the green grass and sunshine trick. On a nice sunny day, take your laundry out to the yard and lay it out in clean, green grass-laying things out without overlapping. Be careful because the sun can fade some fabrics quite fast. Some stains/scents can be removed in a short length of time, so may need to go all day, or possibly overnight. You be the judge according to the type of fabric.

Something between the sun and the grass acts like a stain remover and freshens fabric (back in the day this was known as bleaching fields).

Good luck.