Using Baking Soda for Milk Odors

How can I use baking soda to get rid of milk odors in my car?

Meryem from Nevsehir, Turkey

If it's in the carpet or upholstery cover the area with baking soda(it takes quite a bit) and let sit overnight. Vacuum the next day. If the smell is throughout your car put an open bag of charcoal in your car/trunk for several days. Good luck, I know from experience what a sickening odor that is!

I had a gallon of milk (all of it) spill on the carpet of my car. I tried everything to get the odor out. Finally i remembered that white vinegar will remove just about any protein odor. I emptied a 1/2 gallon of the vinegar onto the carpet (I was was summer) swished it around a bit, rolled down all the car windows and waited. The next odor! and the carpet was dry by that evening.

A box of baking soda.
Using Baking Soda for Odors
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsFebruary 6, 2009
Muffin with a bite out of it.
Muffins Taste Like Baking Soda
Up close photo of the front of a baking soda box
Saving Money on Baking Soda
Almond Milk
Using Almond Milk
Inflating Balloon During Balloon Experiment
Blowing up a Balloon with Baking Soda and Vinegar