Cleaning a Burnt Coffee Carafe

Almost everyone I know has forgotten to turn off the coffee pot from time to time. We tend to think a cleanser will get the grime out but, in reality, it scratches the carafe and it will break easier.

The best way to remove those tough baked on stains is to put some ice cubes into the carafe, and slosh them around until all the burnt coffee is gone. Simple, easy, and very clever.

By Maphisx7 from Gordonsville, VA

It also helps to add some salt to the ice cubes before you "slosh" it. I worked in a restaurant when I was young & those glass pots were forever getting left on the burner empty & burning-nasty smell! Anyway,that's how we cleaned them. The salt keeps the ice from melting so fast & acts as a scrubbing agent.

Wow does this work for real? and maybe for other stuff? Far out tip.

Yes it does. I have done it many times. I leave for work and sometimes hubby forgets to turn off the coffee pot. Ours at work sometimes is burnt as well and it is so easy to clean. Some of them wanted to just pitch it. LOL

Yep, I also did the restaurant scene, with the "all day coffeepot" getting stained. I add some salt to the mix for the same reason. I also throw in a bit of lemon juice to let the acids help break it all down.

Sprinkling a little baking soda in there and adding just enough hot water to make a paste will also work to clean a carafe without scratching it up.

Coffee Carafe
Cleaning a Coffee Carafe
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesMarch 31, 2010
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Burnt Cookie Sheet
Cleaning Burnt Cookie Sheets
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
🎉
🎄