Clean Glass Coffee Carafe With Used Filter

I just spoke with one of my sons and he gave me a great tip. He uses an auto drip coffee maker. When he empties the carafe, he rinses the filter and uses it to scrub the inside of the glass carafe. He tells me the glass shines like new money. The filter is just abrasive enough to remove the coffee stains without harming the finish. You don't have to fool with the vinegar boil every few days or weeks depending on how often you use the pot.

By Marty Dick from Houston, TX

Top Comment

I use crushed ice and salt, put some of each in carafe and swish for several seconds, empty and rinse with cold water, will shine like new.

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousJanuary 21, 2011
🎉
🎄