Homemade Diaper Rash Ointment

To treat diaper rash without having to pay a lot for ointments that can be expensive, it's easy and inexpensive to make your own. Mix 1/2 cup petroleum jelly with 2 tablespoons cornstarch. This makes a creamy paste that you can store in a old medicine bottle or any empty small container you have.

This can be used between diaper changes and it really works. If used regularly, it also prevents diaper rash. I used it on my children when they were babies. So much cheaper and you can either make more or less depending on how you use it. Got to keep their bottoms soft and dry!

By Dorothy from New Creek, WV

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

This sounds like an "old-timey" recipe - wish I'd thought of it when my kids were in diapers!

You can also try organic extra virgin coconut oil. You can use this oil for almost anything.

After searching for the cheapest concoction for diaper rash cream, I came upon your recipe using the following ingredients:

1/2 cup petroleum jelly

2 Tbsp. cornstarch (I used cornstarch baby powder- Publix brand only $2.99)

I added a squirt of Creamy Baby Oil - Cocoa and Shea butter for softness and the wonderful smell. $2.99 for a large tube at Publix. I used it today and it works great! It's just as thick as the Boudreux's I was using, but 1/4th of the cost. This is also 1/3rd of the cost of Desitin. Love it!

Comment

Baby in Diaper
Homemade Diaper Rash Ointment Recipes
Parenting Baby HealthOctober 11, 2011
Baby with Diaper Rash Getting Changed
Diaper Rash Remedies
baby at photo shoot
Making a 1st Birthday Hat and Diaper Cover
Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Diaper Pail
Uses for Talcum Powder
Uses for Talcum Powder
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 11, 2016 at 6:36:47 AM on 10.0.0.198 in 444 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.