Lumpy Comforter

My son recently washed my queen size comforter. Long story short, it is now a very lumpy comforter. Is there any thing I can do to save it, make normal?

By Karen from Charleston, SC

If I recall correctly, placing a couple of tennis shoes in the dryer with the lumpy item will remove the lumps.

Forgot to mention that this is also the method for drying pillows after they've been washed....

ALWAYS REMOVE THE SHOE LACES to avoid them wrapping around the article

I've had this happen too. I wound up cutting it down to size, and using it under my dogs' bed! They love it and don't mind the lumps! LOL

Any comforter that I have had, no matter the price gets lumpy, even without being laundered. In fact I'm not real sure that they aren't lumpy when I buy them. I finally switched to the old fashioned chenille bedspreads. At least they don't get lumpy.

A queen size down comforter would be too large to wash in the average home washer. This should be washed (and dried) in a large commercial machine. Most laundromats have them.

comforter with alarm clock
Fixing a Lumpy Comforter
Home and Garden Cleaning Linens and BlanketsOctober 30, 2009
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
White Comforter
Refilling a Comforter
messy bed with white comforter
Keeping a Comforter on the Bed
End view of rolled comforter.
Make Your Own Comforter Cover
🎉
🎄