Recipe for Heat Tolerant Vegan Frosting

I need a frosting which would not melt in the heat, preferably vegan.

By bernie1133 from Groveland, FL

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I've made both of these many times:

1) Non-Vegan Icing: Mix together 1 block of cream cheese & a bit of Honey (to taste) then add half a teaspoon of real vanilla (I prefer bourbon Vanilla, I believe it's the best). I like to warm the cream cheese up for a few seconds in the microwave but you can just leave it a room temp for half an hour. You can mix it by hand or with electric beaters. Get out all the lumps! After icing the cake or muffins put it in the fridge to set up again.

This icing will hold up well in the heat. At least much better than most!

2) Vegan Icing: If you want vegan, make the same thing with 1 block of tofu in place of cream cheese. (I prefer firm tofu). Just put the tofu into a blender then add a bit of honey & the vanilla. You can add a bit of lemon juice & lemon zest if you like lemon flavor to either of these (or orange zest with orange juice). If the tofu needs it you can thin it with a bit of water, juice or milk (but try not to thin it if your blender can take it). then right away, pour or scoop this over the muffins or cake & refrigerate for an hour or more. You'd never know you're eating tofu! I think this one is even better in the heat.

Either of these will also work as a drop-in filling to moisten muffins etc. Yum!

Thank you so much for this very important information.

Kindest regards,

Bernadette

Food and Recipes Recipes VeganJuly 26, 2009
A piece of carrot cake on plate with cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes
a vegan salad
Simple Vegan Recipes
Vanilla frosting on a lemon layer cake.
Vanilla Frosting Recipes
Vegan Quiche
Vegan Quiche Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:10:05 AM on 10.0.2.225 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.