Bleach Stain on Carpet

My new avocado colored carpet has a large bleach stain. Now I have a large lavender colored area. Help!

By Donna from NJ

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I just moved across country a few months ago, and when I was unpacking the box I had packed my bleach in, I found that the bleach had spilled in the box, and also leaked through the bottom of the box onto the carpet. Does anyone have suggestions on touching up the carpet? I know I probably can't actually remove the bleach- that would be nice, though! It only left a few small spots, on tan carpet. Any suggestions, anyone?

Emily in Mississippi

Aside from buying carpet dyes over the 'net and then they won't dye the same shade, so why not buy an area rug and lay over the top to hide it?

Since it's a new carpet hopefully you're talking about wall to wall carpet and hopefully you have remnants from when the carpet was installed. If so, hire a professional to do a patch job with the remnants.

Bleach Bottle
Repairing Bleach Stains on Carpet
Home and Garden Repair Home MiscellaneousDecember 3, 2010
Bleach Stains on Red Shirt
Removing Bleach Stains From Clothing
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 10:06:36 AM on 10.0.1.211 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.