Cooking Acorn Squash in the Microwave

I remember my mom cooking acorn squash in the microwave just by cutting one in half, dotting the inside with butter, sugar and cinnamon but I don't remember how long she cooked them for. Can anyone give me ideas of this.

Melody from White City, Oregon

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I just made acorn squash in the microwave and it only took about 5 minutes. Turn the squash upside down on a plate and don't add the ingredients until it gets soft. After it's pretty soft you can turn it over, add the butter and brown sugar and microwave it long enough to melt the toppings.

I just poke the squash few times with a fork. Micro about 8 - 10 minutes for average size squash. Allow to sit for few minutes, cut in half and scoop out seeds. Delicious and tasty. Add butter if you wish but I don't find it necessary. Totally yummy!

Cooked squash.
Cooking Squash in the Microwave
Food and Recipes Recipes Microwave CookingNovember 24, 2006
Acorn Squash
Freezing Acorn Squash
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Pickled Pumpkin
Pickled Squash Recipes
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:17:42 AM on 10.0.0.82 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.