Getting Rid of Green Algae

How do you get rid of green algae? Is there a cleaner that will dissolve it or do I have to manually clean it? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Ree from Los Angeles, CA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Bleach and water mix.

You don't say what the green algae is on. But for most purposes plain old laundry bleach will kill it.

Hmm.You didnt say if the algae is in an outside pond or indoors in a fish tank. I don't have a pond, but I do have a coldwater tank inside with just goldfish. When I change their water I just scrub off the algae with a cloth and plain water,It comes off easily. I was told by a fish breeder to leave a little algae there. It may not look so pretty, but goldfish actually like to nibble at it, it's food for them.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceAugust 20, 2006
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
small boat on a lake with green algae on top and sides
Removing Algae from a Boat
Preventing Algae in Pet Water Bowls
Preventing Algae in Pet Water Bowls
Controlling Algae in a Pond
Controlling Algae in a Pond
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:27:13 AM on 10.0.0.96 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.