Creating Your Own Diet Plan

I cannot afford the well-known diet food plans that we see on television. Can anyone give me some advice on how to create an easy diet menu, similar to Jenny Craig or Nutri System, based on foods that you can buy at the supermarket? I know that there are frozen low cal dinners, etc. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks.

By Gooby from Straughn, IN

Best Answer

Eat plenty of veggies and fruit and keep meat the size of a deck of cards. I eat no red meat. I bake my corn bread, eat just a small piece about the size of my 2 fingers, lots of water, very little sweets, walk at least 30 minutes every day. It works for me, good luck.

I have a problem with depression and when I'm really stressed I reach for something chocolate. I feel like I deserve it. Any help?

Best Answer

I am a Weight Watchers lady. I too had the same question. This is what I did, I saved all my containers from Lean Cuisine and Weight Watcher meals. I bought my self a Weight Watchers cook book. I made the meals up and divided them by portion in the containers. I wrapped them and froze them. when ready to eat them just pop in the microwave for 4 minutes. The cook book gives you all the points and calorie information.

What was the name of the cookbook?

Best Answer

I did Jenny Craig a while ago and lost weight from it. It's very simple actually - 3 meals and 2 snacks daily. They didn't count calories but I figured out that it's about 1,200-1,500 calories a day.

With the abundance of low cal, low fat products out there you can do the same. WW has lots of dessert snacks - these help me A LOT on diets when I need a little sweet at night. I buy the 1 point cakes, heat them in the microwave and serve with frozen fruit (defrosted, of course) like dark cherries and a little redi-whip. YUM... and only about 150 calories.

Like everyone has said - fruits, veggies, water, exercise are the way to go but sometimes you want something more. Increasing fiber is good as well, since it fills you up and helps reduce hunger pangs. However, if you increase fiber, it's a good idea to increase water consumption.

I stick to it for 6 days and go off a little one day a week and have a slice of pizza or something. Then I make sure to get back on the diet the next day.

The best advice is not to deprive yourself and do what works for you.

You can find amazing resources at:

kffrmw88 gave you excellent advice. If you 'diet' then what happens when you go off the 'diet'? The best way to lose weight and be healthy is to eat more fruits and vegetables, whole grains and foods that are 'good' for you. If this doesn't sound like something you would like to do, you can do it the 'Zonya' way, eat the same things you have been eating, but only eat half of it. Also, eat a fresh fruit or vegetable with EVERY snack or meal. You can lose up to 30 pounds in a year.

Good Luck, Linda :o)

If you do a search on the GI diet online, you can find a large number of lists of foods that you can eat and those that you can't.

Basically you have to find bread that has 3 grams of fibre or more per slice, cereal with 10 grams of fibre or more per serving, most fruits and veggies, low fat meats with all visuable fats removed, whole wheat pasta and veggie based sauces, extra lean ground beef.

I have been using the Glycemic Index Diet for 6 days now and have lost 8 pounds. My friend at work lost 86 pounds using this diet. My concern is becoming diabetic and this is a great diet for low sugar, high fibre, and feeling full all the time and have added energy.

Hope this helps.

I can't find a multi grain or wheat bread that tastes good to me.

Personalized Diet Plan
Creating a Personalized Diet Plan
Health & Beauty Weight LossMarch 18, 2010
Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
Adding Raw Food To Your Diet
house fire
Making a Fire Escape Plan for Your Family
A box of Goldfish pretzels snacks.
Saving Money on Diet Snacks
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business, A handwritten business plan on paper.
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business