Weight Watchers Diet Exchange Plans

Category Dieting
Knowing the amount of different foods you can substitute to maintain your diet plan is important. This guide is about weight watcher's diet exchange plans.

A number of posters are asking for information on the old Weight Watchers Exchange Program from the 80s. eBay has listings for the Weight Watchers Quick Start PLUS Program Cookbook. Same as mine from 1986, it lists all the information from the Exchange Program. Just type in Weight Watchers Quick Start under cookbooks.

I would like to view the old WW program and visit with others on this program.

Does anyone have the old Weight Watchers exchange plan info? I think you could eat like 5 starches, 3 proteins, 2 fruits, 2 dairy, etc. a day. I lost 50 pounds on that plan and I'd like to try it again.

By Cheryl O

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Hi there, Yes I know it.

It consists of 2,3 fruits; 3+veggies;5,6 proteins; 2-3 bread(starch); 3 fats; 2 milk! I am starting today! I know it works, slowly but, surely!

is this daily?? and how many oz is the protein to be?? how much fat?? this isnt accurate enough.. can you elaborate please?

I had great success on the old Weight Watchers plan in 1989, if someone can help me with the food list, the exchanges, and what ever else I would need to get started I would appreciate your help more then you would know? To be honest I'm very scared at this point with the unknown.

I became immobile due to my right knee needing to be replaced. I weighed 329 pounds on July 29, 2007 that saved my life. I'm now at 183, however, I had lost down to 155 pounds. I've had a steady weight gain since about October causing me great concern. I've also had a total left hip replacement with a DePuy device which has been recalled, I have high levels of cobalt and chromium in my system. The specialist I've been seeing doesn't seem to know what to do. He just keeps sending me for test upon test, I guess trying to figure out what to do.

I know in the mean time I have felt sick since late June 2010, I'm not sure if it's the stress causing me to gain weight or the fact that I'm becoming immobile again due to the amount of pain I'm in and feeling sick all the time.

I had my right knee replaced, also with a DePuy device, I've continued to be in great pain with this device, and fluid that ponds just below my knee, with pain that shoots down into my shin bone. I keep being told that the x-rays show I'm fine however I know I'm not fine it hurts all the time. I doing my best to live with all of this pain and suffering I'm in.

I feel if I can find the Weight Watchers plan that helped me lose 50 pounds after the birth of my son in 1985 I could lose these extra pounds and keep them off.

Thank you for your time.

By Curious Lady 1961

I would love the plan too. I lost weight successfully in the 90's.

Do you have the blender liver recipe??

I too need the food log for the 80's Weight Watcher exchange program. I made one myself, but it is not as good as what they had. I am still searching here.

I called and canceled my Nutrisystem program this a.m. The food gave me severe stomach cramps and other issues. I just can't tolerate the sugar alcohols and fat free chemicals. I am going back to real food. I need more protein and less carbs than current WW programs; they just don't work. This one does.

By parmstro from TX

I need a copy of this!!!

Please could you send me a copy of this to sarahcrowe at btinternet.com. Many thanks.

Does anyone have a copy of the Weight Watchers diet from the 1970s that they could share? or know how to find one online? I've lost mine and that diet seemed to work for me back then and the new versions don't now. The new one is too lenient for me. I need the structure of the old diet. Thanks.

By Janet from AR

The post from MartyD is exactly right! I did the same thing, and found the 1970s weight watchers. In the 60s the original plan was very Spartan; 1970s included fats and was wonderful, with just enough structure (as I need as well) but a little wiggle room on what you ate & when. I remember them saying they found that this version produced body shape changes that they hadn't seen before, or expected. Here's the website: http://www.dwlz  o/old1972ww.html

Yes thank you this is exactly what I was looking for and remember now also. Started WW in the 60's when we were weighed on the doctor scale and paid $3. I lost a lot of weight eating this and now I want to try it again. Thankfully I love tuna. Keep on trucking that's my motto.

I am looking for a complete diet from the 1990s. I did the diet in 1992 with great results, but cannot find my plan. Can anyone help?

By debasf from London, England

I have the Weight Watchers Complete Cookbook and Program Basics. The copyright date is 1994. It's basic food plan is:

Milk: 2

Fat: 3

Fruit: 2

Vegetables: 3 (or more)

Protein: 4

Breads: 5

You also get 2 floaters a day which is a choice from any milk, fruit, protein, or bread list

Up to 700 Optional calories may be added each week.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

I'm looking for the Weight Watcher plan. I need information on food exchanges, amount of a serving, the breakdown of allowed exchanges per day for a male 18 yrs. old.

By Dixie from Millstadt, IL

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Does anyone have the old point system Book. I have recently put on a few after having a hysterectomy, rather than wait, I decided to go back to WW. I really do not like this new system ( points Plus) I have everything but the book on food points. I really need it :( That program work sooo well for me.

I would love to have the recipe for the Pasta Primavera that was on the booklets during this time. Does anyone have it?

Does some type of conversion chart exist for the Weight Watchers Points? I prefer the exchange plan and Weight Watchers products in the store always print the points information on the box instead. So I end up searching for other products that still use the exchange system.

In others words, if a dinner or WW frozen treat has 6 points, I need to be able to decipher how that translates into the exchanges. I know that I can read the label for carbs, fat, protein, etc., but if there is a conversion chart it would be quick and easy.

By Satie from SC

I think if you can find how many ounces are in each food group you will then know how many exchanges they are. I.E. if a meal has 3 oz. of meat that wiould equal 3 protein. Same for veggies and starches. I wish they would also go back to the old way and not use the point system. It never worked for me. I think some of the products have the diabetic exchanges inlcuded and you could just use that information.

I can't seem to follow the point system either. I lost 142 lbs on the exchange system. I think it was more structured, and that is what I need now. I wish Weight Watchers would give people a choice.

Weight Watchers used to do the exchange system, but has since changed to the point system. Does anyone know where I can find a conversion tool or chart so I can find out the exchange for the points posted on different products? Thank you!

By Katie K

Unfortunately, it is not as simple as that. For the new point system, started in January 2011, you really need their materials. You can usually find them on the popular online auction site; (or you can join the program online and never need to go to a meeting). Up until January, there was a mathematical formula you could use that looked at calories/fat/fiber to assign points; so once you figured how many points per day you should allow, it was easy. Now they take into account other values in the foods; and most fruits and veggies have zero points.

If you google "weight watchers points" and similar phrases, you can probably find all the information you need on the previous points program. I am not sure you will find as much for the newer "points plus" program. The older one is still a great program, so you may be happy with that!

You really need to join WW online. Their site has a point calculator and a recipe builder where you enter all the ingredients and it tells you the points per serving. If you can't find the food on the list, it gives you a tool to enter the fiber, fat and protein content and then it converts it for you.

I am looking for the Weight Watchers 3-3-3 diet plan. I used it many years ago but I lost it when I moved. The Weight Watchers meetings are not doing it for me. All they talk about is the new points program and it doesn't help at all.

By Cyndy from Chatham, Ontario

Dinner

Black coffee or tea (Sweet & Low or Equal) or water

1/2 Grapefruit or Juice

1 slice toast with 1 Tbsp. Peanut Butter 1/2 Cup of Tuna

1 slice toast

Black coffee or tea (Sweet & Low or Equal) or water 3 oz. any lean meat

1 cup green beans

1 cup carrots

1 cup vanilla ice cream

1 medium apple

Day 2

Breakfast Lunch Dinner

1 egg (any style)

1 slice toast

1 banana

1 cup cottage cheese or tuna

5 saltine crackers

2 beef franks or hot dogs

1/2 cup carrots

1 banana

1 cup broccoli or cabbage

1/2 cup vanilla ice cream

Day 3

Breakfast Lunch Dinner

5 regular saltine crackers

1 oz.(slice) cheddar cheese

1 apple 1 hard boiled egg

1 slice toast

1 cup tuna

1 cup carrots

1 cup cauliflower

1 cup melon

1/2 cup regular vanilla ice cream

Hope this is what you want, good luck.

Hy Cyndy; It sounds like you are having trouble understanding the weight watchers points system. Why don't you tell your leader that you are having trouble. I joined Weight Watchers last May and lost 20 lbs by the end of September. I think you will find the points system easy to follow once you get into it. Most vegetables are free and fruit is very low in points value so there are lots of low points foods to choose from. Once you get into the habit of keeping track of what you eat, it gets easier. Good Luck! Joan from Chesterfied, MI

I have been looking for the 1980s Weight Watchers exchanges booklet. Can you tell me where I can find this? Thank you.

Irene

I looked on wikianswers and found that the curves diet plan offers a similar exchange list. Here is their website:

http://news.cur  es/30+Day++Plan/

Here is the regular Weight Watchers Webpage. While I was there I subscribed to their newsletter.

http://www.weig  s.com/index.aspx

Blessings, Robyn

Can anyone out there help me find a copy of the old 1980s Weight Watchers Exchange plan? I need information on food exchanges, amount of a serving, the breakdown of allowed exchanges per day, etc. In other words just about everything concerning this plan. Thank you very much.

By victoriapenny

I have a copy of the Weight Watchers Quick Start Plus Cookbook from 1986. The daily exchanges for a women are as follows:

Week l

3 fruits, at least 2 veggies, 2 milk, 2 bread, 3 fat, and 6 proteins.

Week 2

add 1 protein

Weeks 3 and 4

add 1 bread and 2 proteins

You should always eat breakfast. Don;'t eat more than 4 eggs in a week.

Eat a minimum of 3 fish meals. eat 3 to 4 oz. liver in Weeks 12 and 3. Week 4, eat 4 t0 6 oz. liver. I hope this helps. This book is full of info.

I am looking for the Weight Watchers exchange booklets from the 70'-80's. Any ideas?

By Richard

Does anyone know where I can find the Weight Watchers Quick Control Options weekly menu plan? I have a couple, but would like to get the full set. Thanks.

By Lynda

I am looking for the WW program tracker that had food exchanges with level 1, 2, and 3. It was around 1990-91. Would anyone have a copy of the tracker and program breakdown?

I've seen a couple books on eBay, but can't remember if it was Quick Success or Quick Start.

I don't care for the newer points system.

By TLS

I need the 1990's Weight Watchers Exchange program.

By Melanie from Albany, GA

I walked into a second hand store and, among the books, I found a plastic folder with the 1990 Weight Watchers diet in it. It is a 3-level diet plan, complete with food lists, an unused diary, etc.

I have never been on Weight Watchers before, so my question is, on each level, you are allowed a certain amount of "floaters" per week, but I read through all the literature in the folder and I can't find an explanation of what a floater is.

I searched the web and ThriftyFun and can't find an explanation, although I did learn that Weight Watchers hasn't used floaters in their diet plans in quite a while. If anyone has been on the 1990 diet and knows what a floater is, I would appreciate it if you would share that information with me.

By Fortunately

Answers:

Weight Watchers Diet Exchange Plan

Floaters are bread, protein, and fruit. (08/20/2010)

By garnetgirl9

Weight Watchers Diet Exchange Plan

Thank you, garnetgirl9. (08/20/2010)

By Fortunately

I am looking for the journal from the 1995-96 Weight Watchers Freedom Exchange plan. I have the materials after all this time, but I really need to journal everything and the points journal just doesn't cut it with me.

By julee from Medina, OH

Answers:

Weight Watchers Diet Exchange Plan

If you remember anything about how the original journal was set up, or if the information is in your existing materials, you could always recreate your own exchange journal. With a little ingenuity and persistence, you can create your own solution. Best to you! (10/11/2009)

By JustPlainJo

Does someone have a copy of the Weight Watchers Exchange Diet Plan?

By zbarbathome from Pleasureville, KY

Answers:

Weight Watchers Diet Exchange Plan

Here is the plan from 1972: http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfo/old1972ww.html (05/18/2009)

By Anonymous

Does anyone have the Weight Watcher's exchange diet plan? I'm trying to remember it. What is the calorie value for veggies?