AdviceHealth & Beauty

Magnadoodle As Therapy

This was done on a Magnadoodle, which is a toy you draw on. I used to have to buy one each month because my daughter, who loved them so much, would tear them up. She has loved them since she was a child. She has Asperger's, which is on the Autism Spectrum.

She is now 21 and has always used this Magnadoodle toy to express both good and not so good feelings. She would draw about the doctor when she was little, because she hated going there. Then we would erase the picture and she would feel better about it.

Drawing is one way that children really can express themselves. I always take photos of the pictures she draws. I wanted to share the whimsy and fun this picture brought to me when I saw it. It is a picture she drew of our Rooster, Phoenix, playing dueling guitars/banjos with a deer.

I hope you enjoy it and it brings a smile to your face like it did mine :)

By Robin F. from TN

She's a great artist, maybe she can share her talent by teaching other's to draw.

What a great idea for a child who has such a lot of talent. I'm so glad you've saved her work with photos. Maybe you could write a book about children with this affliction, and add her pictures to illustrate what you're writing about. It would be a joint effort between you and your daughter.

There are so many people who would love reading her story and seeing her pictures. I know I would.

Thank you for sharing Robyn. I love this picture and the thoughts behind

what may have inspired her to draw it.

Pookarina