I burnt up plastic in my microwave. Now the walls are yellow and I cannot get rid of the horrid smell.
By Carrie1964 from San Marcos, CA
I used acetone (from nail polish remover) right after I burnt the popcorn in the microwave..and it did the job!
I read all of these above and thought about getting some Acetone or Cutex. But, I keep Goof Off on hand. Goof Off will damage many plastics, but, the damage is usually limited to that of softening some of the color off non-white plastics. Since the original color of the inside of my 16 year old microwave that I've had for 15 years is white, and tonight, stained yellow, it shouldn't matter what Goof Off does. I tried it on a small area and it immediately cut through the yellow without hurting anything else. So I proceeded with it. Goof Off worked! My 16 year old microwave looks almost like new with a nice and clean white interior. Didn't need to leave it on for more than 30 seconds, and kept clean white paper towels in hand to keep the Goof Off any other plastics of a non-white color.
Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.