Poll: Do you have a cat?

Today's poll asks: Do you have a cat?

Feel free to post feedback about this poll in the forum below.

I have two cats. Both are female, one is named Chicky (a grey tabbby), and the other is Ginger(a calico). They are very different and have thier own personalities. I love them dearly and they are my best behaved children(most of the time!).

We have a cat. Male, neutered, 18 months old. He is very smart and teaches my husband and me any game he likes to play. Chase, tag, hide-n-seek. He loves to play, and he's fun to play with.

He sleeps right in our bed with us, and gets my husband up in the morning to go out and open the chickens' Condo so they can come out and roam all day. At night, he comes and gets my husband to go back out and lock up the chickens safely for the night. He knows what time it is and never misses.

He loves water, and is so funny with it. He doesn't mind it being on his head, and enjoys drinking directly from a dripping faucet. He'll sleep all day in the bathroom lavatory if he can. (No water dripping then.)

Catty-Kit has enriched our lives so much, and has given us so much love and entertainment that it's like having another kid around. Since our four children grew up and left home, it had gotten way too quiet.

Belonging to a cat is the next best thing to having a houseful of kids to cook for. :)

Catty is half Maine Coon Tabby and half Seal-point Siamese, and is the sweetest most loving cat I've ever seen. He is also very beautiful with blue-green eyes and a pale ocelot belly. He fur is as soft as rabbit fur and the color on his back, shoulders and legs is almost like a chocolate brindle tabby, but perfectly marked with a tabby's ringed tail that looks almost like a raccoon's. Very interesting.

We're thankful to have him taking care of us.

All the best to everyone,

Julia in Orlando, FL

Just the wonderful memory of my late kittykat,

AllieMae. Allie was a tortise shell cat with a cute

pattern on her face. She was my babygirl. I miss

her everyday. I now have 2 fun doggies as I still

can't bring myself to have another cat not yet,

Yes, several, and we love them all dearly. My

particular baby is a neutered male with long white

fur and sherry-colored eyes. His name is Hissy Fit.

He's gorgeous! I'm so lucky to be his "mom".

Yes, I just brought home a scared and angry black female cat in the hope that she will lure her sneaky sister out from hiding. The sister is also a black female I had stupidly brought home, who has the extraordinary ability to find a hiding place in my small apartement, and remain hidden for days.

I am now constantly playing a (find-the-cat) game. Both these feline young ladies will soon discover my open door policy. No need to hide when there is so much nice open space outside.

Yes, three. Kitten was a present from a colleague, a wee black and white cat who turned out to be the lapcat of the three. LiefKat I found when I was on my way to a meeting. I heard someone crying and at first I thought it was a child. Then I found this hungry, undernourished ill little buff kitten crying at a petshop. I bought him for R25 and took him home. At first, he did not take any notice of the family members, but now he loves to play hide and seek and purrs nonstop. Last year, I decided to treat myself to a cat from a local rescue for my birthday and I brought Beffie home. It turned out to be his third home in less than two years! He was so scared he hyperventilated when anyone came near. He would swat at us with his little left front paw and I found that he did not know what trees are for! I kept on reassuring him that he will NEVER be returned to the cages. He hated the word cage, so I started telling him he will stay with me FOREVER! Now he sleeps with me, follows me everywhere and I have also taught him to climb trees. At first, he clung to the branches for life and death, barely managing to balance himself. Now he runs into the trees by himself and sharpens his nails, at the same time exercising his muscles. He sleeps on my back and will jump on my lap when I knit in bed. He still hates being picked up; I'm afraid he may slash my aorta, but I trust he will come round as well. They really give so much life, love and joy and I love them all to bits!!

Their faithful servant.

Isn't it funny that most cat owners often own at least two cats, and in many cases even more than two? We have two here, a male and a female (both fixed). Both of them showed up at our front door all on their own as little kittens not long after my 20+ year old cat had passed away. Filled that empty hole in my heart right up!

My beloved Ebony 'disappeared' 4 weeks ago.

My vet told me that quite often a pet will go off when they know that their time is near so as not to put the family through the grief of watching them die. Little do they know it is harder not knowing what has happened.

I just hope that if someone picked her up, they are good to her.

I had Ebony for 11 years, so it is possible that the vet was right...and I will get another cat someday. But right now it is too soon.

Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Cat Meowing
Preventing A Cat From Meowing
Girl with her has face painted like a black cat.
Making a Cat Costume