How Much Should I Feed My Cat?

Category Cats
Although the container or bag of cat food will have instructions for the amount to feed your pet, this may not be the best meal size for your cat. This is a page about how much should I feed my cat.

Cats love milk. I use the lactaid milk made for humans who are lactose intolerant. Since it's more expensive than regular milk, I dilute it with water. The cats only like the whole milk, not the reduced fat milk. Since cats need fat in their diet, it's fine. In fact, I dilute it as much as 60% with water.

By Cynthia

When I took my two rescue kitties to the vet, he found them to be a bit overweight. He asked how much I was feeding them. At that time I fed them a combination of Purina Pro Plan Salmon and Rice mixed with an equal amount of Blue Buffalo Longevity. According to the manufacturer's recommendation they were being fed 1/2 cup of food twice a day.

My vet strongly recommended that I reduce their food by half, noting that the bag recommendations are generally too high.

They have been on this reduced diet for about a year and a half and are showing no ill effects from the smaller quantity of food, aside from starting to pester for dinner a couple of hours early:)

You might want to verify the amount you are feed your pet with your vet on your next visit.

Pets CatsMay 21, 2013
😷
🐛
🌻
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-Much-Should-I-Feed-My-Cat.html