Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Foods I Can Eat After Having My Teeth Pulled

What foods do you eat after you have all your teeth pulled out?

By Stacey from GA

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Chris08/20/2010

You might want to try doing this with orzo (the small pasta that looks like rice): saute some in a little butter for a minute or so, add a small amount of broth. After it cooks down, add a little more. Continue to add broth and stir until you get a nice creamy consistency. You can add herbs or other flavorings as you like. I use this as a side dish but have found that it's very satisfying since it keeps you full for a long time.

By Maryeileen [76]08/18/2010

The dentist's office should be able to give you a list (or call and ask).

By Charlene [9]08/18/2010

I can tell you what "not" to eat. My daughter had her wisdom teeth removed and we figured that spaghetti, being soft, would be all right to eat. Not so. A small piece became embedded and resulted in having to go back to the dentist to have it removed. So please be careful. God Bless!

By susan [5]08/18/2010

Have popsicles ready for when you immediately get your teeth pulled. The cold feels wonderful, and you can reach in and put them right where you need it. However, do not suck them! You can suck out the clot that forms in the tooth's socket, which allows the incision to properly heal. It is extremely painful. Just allow them to melt in your mouth. After a few days, you will feel better and be able to eat much more.

By Sherri [6]08/18/2010

Hello, my daughter is an RDA. She said do not use a straw! The straw can cause any sutures or clots to break and bleed. She also said to eat very soft foods. She recommends having your new dentures placed in your mouth immediately after your teeth are pulled. Please ask your Oral Surgeon for any advice. Good luck.

By Frances Adams [11]08/15/2010

I am not sure if you are eventually going to get dentures.
If you are, and if you have fit problems, keep on going back to the dentist, as much trouble as it may seem, until they are the right fit. My father in law never would, but he was able to eat anything at all, except whole apples, and corn on the cob. My mother in law would cook steaks and roast first on the stove top to brown, then slowly in a low heat oven , in a Dutch oven, for several hours until fork-tender, and he never had a problem eating them. You can get the same results with your Crock Pot if you have one, mine has never failed to tenderize even the cheapest of meats. Best of luck to you. I know dentists get a bad rap. I have never had much luck with any, but I hope they get you fixed right!

By Julia [136]08/14/2010

You can eat everything you are eating now. You may have to put some foods through a food processor, even a small one will work just fine.

You can turn almost any soup into a cream soup until your gums toughen up, or you have dentures. Some things are easier to eat without the dentures, so be prepared to experiment until you are happy with the results.

Wishing you the best.

Pookarina

Here are questions related to Foods I Can Eat After Having My Teeth Pulled.

Question: Best Foods to Eat After Tooth Extraction

What foods I can eat now after I have had my front teeth and my eye tooth pulled? I now have 10 teeth left. I need to know what is available for me to eat as I now have diarrhea from the lack of the right foods for me to eat. Just wanting to know.

By Doyle R. from Hot Springs, AR

Most Recent Answer

By redhatterb06/25/2013

For many years all I had to eat with was all broken off teeth and/or roots. I ate everything. When I got the money to have everything pulled and get dentures. Right after the extractions I ate baby food, mainly the fruits, because I thought the veggies and other stuff was gross.

You can eat anything that is soft, mashed potatoes, soups, hamburger, and to make that even softer, make it into meat balls or meat loaf. You should be able to eat bread, you could mix tuna, with some sweet relish and mayo and have tuna sandwiches. Before I had my teeth pulled, when they were all broken off, I was able to eat everything, just like normal, including popcorn.

Even now twenty plus years after getting dentures, I can eat almost anything I want including popcorn, with or without the dentures. The only things I can't eat are raw celery (if it is in a hot dish, it's OK), radishes, raw cauliflower and raw broccoli. Really you should be able to eat almost anything, that is cooked.

I don't think your diarrhea is caused by not eating the right foods, you might have picked up some kind of bug. Until your mouth heals, you probably won't be able to eat things like steak, roast, etc. Otherwise you should be able to eat almost anything.

Question: Soft Foods After Tooth Extraction

I just got all of my upper teeth pulled. I am anemic and need some healthy recipes to keep me healthy until I get my dentures. Any suggestions.

By Rita W.

Most Recent Answer

By susan06/21/2011

Just use your blender to puree any foods that you like and normally eat. You can also make smoothies or juice blends, and add anything that you care to. Be careful not to use a straw to drink them though, or you may end up with a dry socket, which can be extremely painful. If you add ice to the drinks, it will feel really good on your healing gums.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Foods I Can Eat After Having My Teeth Pulled

I have to have all my teeth pulled to get dentures, weak teeth run in my family. I was wondering what kinds of food will be soft to eat, that don't require any chewing...