Eating After Having Teeth Pulled

I had 3 top teeth pulled 2 days ago. Is it safe to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches made on safe bread?

I would cut it in small pieces first

My dentist and my husband's oral surgeon always give very specific directions on what to and not to eat and how many days post surgery.

To be safe, if your dental person didn't tell you, I strongly recommend to call the office back and ask.

Some foods can pull on stitches or get lodged and that can cause infection and gum damage. Safety first with stuff like this. Dental infections are HORRIBLE...so you want to follow their directions to a T.

Good luck! Hope you heal quickly!

i would avoid foods that are in essence very sticky and sugary that can get lodged and cause disease and peanut butter and jam on whatever bread sounds like it to me

also you should not smoke for at least a month, if that's your thing

My friend just went through similar dental surgery and he was instructed to eat only soft (soup-like food) for 2 weeks (when he returns for a check-up).

This may not be to your liking but it is important that you eat nothing that may cause a problem later on as good care right now will mean a lot when you finally get your new teeth.

Personally I would avoid peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Probably would just eat bread by itself (un-toasted) especially if you had 3 top teeth pulled.

Perhaps smoothie, yogurt or soup. You should follow up with your surgeon or dentist in regards what to eat/not eat, or their recommendations.

Peanut butter and jelly is chewy, sticky - would require flossing and brushing throughly.

When I had 8 pulled in one day, I was hungry but knew I couldn't eat for a few days. I invented "Instant Potato Soup". I took the packaged Idahoan and made it with 3 cups of water instead of 2.

It's going to solidify on your stomach later but it goes down with something warm and satisfying. Another good one is yogurt, keeping your dairy up and the salt down. Your teeth will help but for now, be gentle with yourself.