Protecting a Mattress from Adult Incontinence

My elderly father occasionally has an "accident" during the night. I have placed a quilted waterproof pad, approximately one yard square, on top of the bottom sheet. If the bed is accidentally soiled during the night, all he does is toss the pad and either returns into a clean bed or places another dry pad in the bed.

This is an efficient tip that saves time washing and changing the sheets. My father feels more independent knowing that he doesn't have to disturb anyone during the night. The pad we use is the one the nurses used when he was hospitalized. Patients sleep on it to make it easier for nurses to slide them into their beds.

Source: Our own experience.

By Dee from New Orleans

This would be wonderful for children with bed wetting problems too! Much less embarassment whether young or older!

What is the name of the Pad and where can I buy them? Also, are they disposable or laundered. Thanks

A nice white mattress.
Protecting a Mattress
Better Living Family Elderly Parent CareNovember 17, 2009
Photo of a bed with a memory foam mattress.
Cleaning a Memory Foam Mattress
Stressed Dog
Dog Has Stress Incontinence
Mattress Cover
Repairing A Plastic Mattress Cover
Man in wheelchair
Caring for a Disabled Adult