Make Notepad from Book Fly Leaves

By Brianna Southworth 75 2

After you have a garage sale, and before you donate your books to the library or the church, why not take out the fly leaves (blank pages in the front and back of most any kind of book)? This way, you will never have to buy a note pad for your grocery or "To Do" lists again!

Decorative cover on homemade notepad.

Use an Exacto knife to remove the fly leaf, then stack them up. I like to use my trusty three-hole-punch and some scrap ribbon or hemp string to make them into a convenient little book. The pages tear out easily, and you can even decorate your new, frugal, and eco-friendly little note pad.

To decorate the one I made in the photo, I glued the paper circles from my three-hole punch onto some old garage-sale stickers and added petals and leaves using a marker belonging to my kids. Try to use any loose or mis-matched beads or stray buttons, also. Cute, huh?

Note: If the fly leaves are darkly colored, you can always keep and use those for scrapbooking and card making.

By Brianna from Dutch Harbor, AK

By Carol Overholt 5 30 Flag

Nice idea to recycle if the book has not value. just be sure not to injure the binding when cutting the fly leaves out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Photo of homemade notepads.
Homemade Notepads
Photos CraftsSeptember 8, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
Photo of homemade notepads.
Homemade Notepads
CD Notepad
Making a Recycled CD Notepad
Fly paper strips hanging by clothes pins.
Making Fly Paper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 2:13:53 PM on 10.0.0.253 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings