Cooking a Roast in a Crockpot

I am looking for a good recipe for cooking a roast in a crockpot. Any recipes would be appreciated!

By Lewis from Port Orchard, WA

Best Answer

This is my favorite recipe...it came from Recipezaar and was listed as one of the Top 100. last year!!

To Die for Crock Pot Roast

by yooper

8 servings

1 beef roast, any kind

1 (1 1/4 oz) pkg dried brown gravy mix

1 (1 1/4 oz) pkg Italian salad dressing mix

1 (1 1/4 oz) pkg ranch dressing mix

1/2 c. water

Place beef roast in crock pot

Mix the dried mixes together in a bowl and sprinkle over the roast.

Pour the water around the roast.

Cook on low for 7-9 hours.

graymare 47

This is about as simple as you can get:

Brown roast in small amt. of oil

Carrots and Potatoes, Peel and cut into chunks (as many as you want)

large onion, chopped

Place potatoes and carrots in bottom of crock pot.

Put roast on top and onion on top of roast.

Season with seasoned salt (or seasoning of your choice

Pour 1 can of cream of mushroom soup over all.

Cook either on low all day or high for about 4 hours depending on size of roast. No need to add water.

You can also make a gravy from the pan drippings from browning the roast instead of the soup. In this case I would add a can of sliced mushrooms.

This is one of those things that people (mainly men) think is absolutely wonderful but it's so easy!

Oops! I see now that this post was from Lewis, and I made my little crack about men. I guess I was judging all men by mine. He has a hard time getting water to boil. I know they aren't all that way but mine sure is! Sorry!

1 beef roast

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 envelope onion soup mix (dry)

1 soup can of water

Spray crockpot with non-stick spray. Sprinkle half the packet of onion soup mix in bottom. Place roast on top. Top with cream of mushroom soup, and sprinkle with remaining soup mix. Pour soup can of water over all. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Enjoy!

I make mine pretty much like 'altmansgirl' except I salt, pepper, flour and brown the roast in olive oil with a clove or two of garlic, then place it in the crock and cover with 1/2 C. beef broth, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, and 2 oz. of onion soup mix. Cook on low 8 hours and the beauty part is that you will have not only a fabulous roast but also gravy for your potatoes!

I make mine super easy. I put mine in the crockpot, I put it in frozen most times. I pour a packet of the dry onion soup over it a little salt and pepper, about half a cup of water and let it cook on low for about 7 hours. I then add cut up carrots and diced potatoes for another couple of hours. comes out super tender.

If you type crockpot roast recipes in your search engine you will be amazed at all the recipes you can find and not just for roast but any other type of meal you would want to prepare in a crock pot from main dishes to desserts

I usually put some potatoes in the bottom, then the roast and a package of dry onion soup mix and some water - maybe a cup or so and let it cook all day on low. Easy and yummy

I dump a half-jar of jardinere (found in the deli dept) along with a roast and a little water into the crockpot and let it cook on low all day. Makes an excellent italian roast. You can use hot or mild jardinere, depending on your tastes.

Place roast in crockpot, top with 2 Tbsp. Watkins Onion Soup and Gravy Mix, add about 1/2 cup water or wine, and Watkins Black Pepper to taste, approx 1 tsp. Letting the roast cook in the crock pot is the most delicious and tender way to eat it. Thicken your juices with flour whisking it in a little at a time, place in bowl allowing others to put on gravy if they want. Saute Onions, green peppers and mushrooms. Top your roast with these. Enjoy. Putting roast- whether it is pork, beef- in crock is always delicious.

Roast and vegetables in crockpot.
Crockpot Roast Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Meats Beef RoastApril 27, 2009
Crockpot Pork Roast
Crockpot Pork Roast Recipes
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
Roast Duck
Roast Duck Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
🎉
🎄